Senior Technical Support Engineer/Scientist
At Element Biosciences, we are passionate about our mission to empower the scientific community with more freedom and flexibility to accelerate our collective impact on humanity. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
Element is actively seeking a Senior Technical Support Engineer/Scientist to join the Customer Support team and provide frontline support to the growing EMEA customer base and regional distribution partners. This position requires exceptional technical proficiency, customer management skills, and an ability to work cross functionally with Commercial, Operations, and R&D partners to deliver a strong customer experience. This role will report to Director, Global Service & Support and will be based in Europe.
If you possess the following and want to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to explore this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide frontline technical customer support for customer inquiries and issues via phone and email
- Partner closely with the both regional and global field service and field applications teams to quickly diagnose and address customer end-to-end workflow issues
- Manage end-to-end workflow inquiries as part of pre-sales support
- Triage general customer complaints and delineate applications vs software vs hardware issues
- Influence and drive customer success initiatives through improvements to KPIs (Mean Time to Repair, Mean Time Between Failure, Warranty Replacement Rate, etc.)
- Provide feedback to R&D and product quality teams to develop continuous improvement on existing platforms and influence development of future products
- Interface with internal R&D project teams to develop tech support centric collateral for new product and product extensions
- Utilize service CRM software to dispatch and accurately document work in a timely manner
- Provide the broader customer support team with troubleshooting debriefs
- Identify and drive operational tech support continuous improvement initiatives
- Intake and triage distribution partner support escalations and inquiries
- Maintain changes to knowledge databases, website, and other company-managed databases of technical information
- Provide guidance, mentoring, and training to associates of junior levels
- Display professionalism, understanding, tact, and technical knowledge in all customer interactions
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree Programming, Bioengineering, Computer Science, or related field (High School Diploma required, Bachelors preferred, or equivalent military training)
- Minimum 5 years of experience with customer support and/or in biotech industry
- Hands on experience with NGS technologies, including library preparation, sequencing, and data analysis preferred
- Experience with basic informatics and sequencing analysis workflows (Run Manifest, Bases2FastQ)
- Experience with customer network setup for both pre and post sales support a plus
- Proven experience in experimental design, data interpretation, and scientific documentation
- Experience parsing large instrument logs to identify irregularities in common patterns to develop technical recommendations
- Experience working with instrumentation with optics, microfluidics, and electromechanical systems is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must have good technical writing abilities
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position may require customer support during non-regular business hours
- Frequently moves boxes weighing up to 20 pounds
- Europe – Netherlands preferred
- Domestic and International travel up to 20%
Please note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.