Associate Director, Warehouse & Logistics
At Element Biosciences, we are passionate about our mission to empower the scientific community with more freedom and flexibility to accelerate our collective impact on humanity. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We are seeking an experienced Associate Director, Warehouse & Logistics with a proven track record in building and scaling operations in a fast-paced environment to establish best practices that support our global dynamic growth. This position will report directly to the Sr. Director, Business Process & Logistics and play a pivotal role in defining the vision for the function, driving the strategy for achieving the vision, and ensuring its delivery.
If you possess the following and want to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to explore this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Establish and oversee the logistics strategy and best practices for scalable global logistics processes that enables effective movement and control of materials, including inbound, inter-plant, production supply, inventory management, warehouse operations and transportation; including daily management of associated budgets, KPIs and targets (on-time shipments, inventory accuracy, safety, on-time receipts, order fulfillment accuracy, etc.)
- Lead key projects or initiatives supporting process transformation, inventory optimization, continuous improvement, and other warehouse management initiatives.
- Maintain strong partnerships with 3PLs, Freight Forwarders, and other functional suppliers to consistently deliver optimized services for warehousing and transportation that both minimize disruption to the supply chain and delights our customers.
- Lead the organization and instill a continuous improvement mindset across the team to improve operational quality and efficiency. Drive cost reductions while balancing service levels.
- Establish processes and procedures to ensure compliance with import/export and global trade regulations.
- Ensures a high level of customer service to all internal and external customers including responsiveness and clearly managing expectations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (Supply Chain or Logistics Focused degrees are desirable), or equivalent work experience; MBA, preferred.
- APICS CPIM and/or CSCP certification desired.
- 8+ years' operational logistics experience in relevant industries with proven increased level of responsibility.
- Demonstrated track record of global trade compliance knowledge.
- Experienced in transportation of capital equipment and cold chain products.
- Experience with selecting and managing transportation partners domestically and internationally.
- A demonstrated willingness to learn, roll-up their sleeves and set an example for the team as a “leader and doer.”
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds.
- San Diego
- Domestic/international travel up to 15%
Base Compensation Pay Range:
- $156,000 - $199,000
In addition to base compensation noted above, you will be eligible for stock options, discretionary annual bonus, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.