Executive Sales Representative - Ohio Valley
At Element Biosciences, we are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics with unprecedented flexibility and quality that enable researchers to better understand biology for the improvement of global health. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We are seeking an experienced Executive Sales Representative who will play a pivotal role in establishing and executing strategies for obtaining new customers and maintaining/growing existing customer accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who has a strong desire to “win” and build customer relationships. We are looking for candidates with a solid background in commercial sales and strong genetics and NGS knowledge. Experience with capital equipment sales and living in the Ohio Valley territory is a must. This role will report to the Director, Regional Sales West and will be a remote role.
If you possess the following and want to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to explore this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develops a strong understanding of Element technology
- Establishes and executes on strategies for obtaining new customers and maintains/grows existing customer accounts in order to meet and exceed revenue goals
- Takes an analytical approach towards executing optimal solutions for an issue or opportunity
- Demonstrates capability to present versatile and unique solutions during customer negotiations in order to establish mutually beneficial circumstances for the customer and Element
- Has the ability to learn, change, and gain from each experience to become more effective in subsequent sales scenarios
- Works effectively in a team environment to drive and create revenue opportunities
- Manages customer relationships post-sale, including a strategy to develop long term business relationships
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Biology / Genetics or Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Biology / Genetics preferred
- 7+ years of experience of commercial (sales/marketing/business development) experience or equivalent experience within a laboratory setting plus customer facing experience
- Capital equipment sales experience required. Proven ability to sell sophisticated, high-throughput instrument platforms and associated consumables in a highly technical environment
- Strong Genetics and Molecular Biology foundation. Preferred knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing and Genotyping method
- Deep knowledge and relationships with decision makers/influencers and leading researchers in the sequencing and spatial biology community
- Experience with strategic sales skills with proven ability to develop and grow key accounts is preferred
- Conducts presentations effectively, professionally and comfortably to customers/peers/management
- Strong desire to “win” and build customer relationships
- Frequently moves boxes weighing up to 20 pounds
- Requires COVID19 vaccination (or valid waiver) upon hire
- Remote - Ohio Valley Region
- Domestic travel up to 50%
Base Compensation Pay Range:
- $160,000 - $175,000
In addition to base compensation noted above, you will be eligible for stock options, sales commission, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.