Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer II
At Element Biosciences, we are passionate about our mission to empower the scientific community with more freedom and flexibility to accelerate our collective impact on humanity. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We are seeking a Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer II who will play a pivotal role in the development of our high-performance instrument platform. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who is passionate about electronic system development. We are looking for candidates with a solid background in embedded system FW development. Experience with C programming on MCU/MPU is a must. This role will report to Director of Embedded Systems and will be a San Diego based role.
If you possess the following and want to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to explore this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform requirements gathering and system specification writing activities for embedded platform and applications
- Design, implement and test bare-metal C firmware running on Cortex-M cores for hardware communication and control
- Design and implement embedded Linux application software with real-time communication and processing functionalities according to requirements of system specs
- Integrate Linux Kernel, BSP, bootloader, hardware drivers for required functionality
- Conduct system bring-up activities. Lead SW/FW functionality debugging in system
- Communicate, collaborate with external vendor / development partner on certain feature development or component integration
Education and Experience:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer sciences
- At least 5 years industry experience in embedded firmware or embedded system development
- Strong Hands-on experience with embedded system prototype bring-up
- Hands-on experience on developing with usual communication protocols including UART, I2C, SPI, CAN
- Good knowledge of electronic hardware components including embedded processors/SoCs
- Experience in development on DMA-based data stream control is a plus
- Proficient in coding with C and C++; have practical experience with corresponding debugging tools / methodology
- Motivated team member with good logical thinking and efficient communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and quickly adjust to rapidly evolving technology and priorities
- Frequently moves boxes weighing up to 20 pounds
- San Diego, CA
Base Compensation Pay Range:
- $111,000 - $145,000
In addition to base compensation noted above, you will be eligible for stock options, discretionary annual bonus, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.