Sr Engineer II, Cloud DevOps
At Element Biosciences, we are passionate about our mission to empower the scientific community with more freedom and flexibility to accelerate our collective impact on humanity. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We are seeking an experienced cloud-based DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for a range of activities required to both maintain and continuously automate a robust, multi-regional cloud-based computing infrastructure. This role will lead the design, development and implementation of infrastructure using best practices for the security, architecture, configuration, high availability, disaster recovery, administration and automation of the deployment of the development and production software systems. These activities will drive the creation of new infrastructure and environments which will be critical to continued growth and adoption of broad cloud/automation goals across the business. This role will report to the Sr Principal Software Engineer and will be a San Diego based role.
If you possess the following and want to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to explore this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and own best practices/methodologies for provisioning, application scaling, configuration management, capacity planning, monitoring, etc.
- Drive automation, DevOps and Infrastructure as Code best Practices.
- Analyze and comprehend how users are using the platform and help drive continuous improvement of the offering based on that.
- Provide end user support, training and documentation.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, with at least 1 year of related work experience.
- Familiarity with system operation skills in Linux and network; Experience working with Unix Linux system from kernel to shell and beyond.
- Experience debugging and automation routine tasks required.
- Experience programming in at least one of the following languages required: Python, Java, C/C++.
- Experience developing CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, and/or GitLab, preferred.
- Experience with IaC, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools preferred.
- Experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology preferred.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using agile practices preferred.
- Experience monitoring and logging aggregating frameworks preferred.
- San Diego, CA
- Full Time/Exempt
Base Compensation Pay Range:
- $127,000 - 167,000
In addition to base compensation noted above, you will be eligible for stock options, discretionary annual bonus, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.