Senior Vice President, Global Sales
At Element Biosciences, we are passionate about our mission to empower the scientific community with more freedom and flexibility to accelerate our collective impact on humanity. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We are seeking an experienced SVP, Global Sales who will play a pivotal role leading and directing all commercial sales efforts globally to maximize revenue and operational excellence. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who is passionate about developing and executing a successful sales strategy for rapid growth across the markets. We are looking for candidates with a proven track record of leading a global sales organization and experience with genomics capital sales. This role will report to the CEO and will be a Remote role.
If you possess the following and want to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to explore this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement global sales strategy
- Guide global sales teams to drive sales execution and sharing of best practices
- Identify, develop and manage international distribution channel in distributor markets including Asia-Pacific, parts of EMEA, Latin America and others. Provide sales, marketing and customer support as needed
- Leverage Commercial Operations and analytics to accurately forecast and implement operational plans to drive revenue growth
- Monitor and respond to market dynamics to drive market development and expansion strategies
- Collaborate appropriately with Executive team, Marketing, R&D, Finance, Product Management, and Commercial Operations to translate customer feedback into current and future products
- Coordinate innovative sales and marketing campaigns to ensure rapid increase in sales
- Build and inspire a high-performing team of commercial executives and ensure that they are motivated, mentored, incentivized, and retained. Upgrade quickly as needed
- Own the sales budgets, set quarterly and annual sales goals by collaborating with Finance and Commercial Operations teams
- Manage KOL relationships to identify themes across customer needs and drive core initiatives to improve customer success with both consumables and instrument
Education and Experience:
- Advanced Degree in life science or biomedical engineering preferred
- 8+ years of experience in Executive Leadership role, with a career track record of enabling rapid and sustainable growth and success across Global markets (Americas, EMEA, APAC, etc)
- 10+ years of experience in sales management preferably in NGS Capital Sales with a high level of business acumen in the Life Sciences tools market
- Strong understanding of distribution strategies and experience working with distributors
- Experience driving organizational excellence through developmental coaching and mentorship of sales leadership across the global sales organization
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com is desirable
- Proven experience conducting market analysis and identifying new opportunities
- Frequently moves boxes weighing up to 20 pounds
- California preferred
- Domestic and International travel up to 50%
Base Compensation Pay Range:
- $250,000 - $330,000
In addition to base compensation noted above, you will be eligible for stock options, sales commission, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.