Senior Manager, Field Applications - AMR
At Element Biosciences, we are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics with unprecedented flexibility and quality that enable researchers to better understand biology for the improvement of global health. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager, Field Applications - AMR who will lead/manage Field Application Scientists (FAS) in achieving both short-term and long-term company goals and the placement and development of designated ‘strategically-important’ products, services, and capabilities. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who is passionate about building a world class team. We are looking for candidates with a solid background in Next Gen Sequencing. Experience of being a leader in an application support dedicated role is a must. This role will report to the Sr Director of Applications and will be a San Diego based role.
If you possess the following and want to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to explore this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement KPI metrics for FAS organization. Track and report FAS team deliverables to leadership team
- Manage and coach FAS team to consistently meet or exceed performance objectives. Clearly communicate in time and prioritize FAS tasks and responsibilities to achieve departmental key performance metrics
- Establish and maintain through specific training and education opportunities a proficient workforce dedicated to providing superior application support. Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained
- Manage and coordinate customer on-boarding, product training, and pre/post-sale support. Drive to improve and maintain high utilization and good account health
- Create field application support strategies and drive activities to address support needs. Work collaboratively to drive successful execution of project plans and track, manage, and communicate progress to team and stakeholders
- Analyze trends and key application support issues that impact business results—drive resolution. Develop and continuously adjust a detailed plan that provides the sales team with the strategy and tactics to lead them to success
- Liaison between R&D and FAS Team. Work collaboratively to prepare product ready-for-market documentations and training/support activities. Ensure product changes are communicated to FAS and Sales teams. Provide messaging and guidance for FAS to communicate changes to external customers to improve proficiency
- Provide voice of customer to internal teams on product performance, implementation, and development areas, identify training and documentation gaps
- Monitor and analyze product performance. Troubleshoot issues and complaints related to biochemistry, assay or experimental design, software, instruments, or user's technical skill. Escalate to appropriate internal resources as necessary to maximize customer uptime and minimize customer effort.
- Lead/contribute to customer relationship management, understanding customer goals, setting appropriate product and performance expectations, and gathering intelligence regarding competitive intel and new sales opportunities
- Make routine field visits with FAS and customers as required
- Accountable for expenses against budget and responsible for in-field resource utilization
- Represent the company professionally, ethically, and morally at all times
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree required with a preference in life sciences, engineering, or business. Proficient with molecular biology and NGS assay technology
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience (3+ years with PhD) in an application support role, plus 2+ years of management experience
- Must have a proven track record in supervising a FAS team, providing a high level of FAS support and managing a budget (P&L)
- Proficient in Salesforce, Tableau, Excel, and other commercial platforms and analytical software
- Strong leadership skills and strategic thinking. Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to present to leadership in a clear and concise manner and articulate ideas in a proper format
- Ability to successfully operate and lead the team in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Capacity to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Frequently moves boxes weighing up to 20 pounds
- Requires COVID19 vaccination (or valid waiver) upon hire
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position may require customer support during non-regular business hours
- San Diego
- Domestic travel up to 50% and opportunity for international travel
Base Compensation Pay Range:
- $144,500 - $189,833
In addition to base compensation noted above, you will be eligible for stock options, sales commission, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.