Senior Manager, Sourcing - Consumables
At Element Biosciences, we are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics with unprecedented flexibility and quality that enable researchers to better understand biology for the improvement of global health. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager, Sourcing - Consumables who will play a pivotal role developing optimal supplier relationships with a focus on supply continuity, capacity management, risk mitigation, performance, lead time and cost optimization. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who is passionate about supply chain concepts. We are looking for candidates with a solid background in COGS projects. Experience with sourcing biological and chemical commodities is a must. This role will report to the Associate Director, Sourcing, Consumables and will be a San Diego based role.
If you possess the following and want to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to explore this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Source life sciences consumables commodities used in the manufacturing of goods
- Develop strong partnerships with strategic suppliers
- Ensure inventory is available in supply chain
- Determine supplier risks and develop escalation and risk mitigation paths
- Lead supplier negotiations and contract management to satisfy Element’s needs (i.e. price, capacity, flexibility, supply continuity, and general T & Cs)
- Collaborate with scientists, manufacturing, and others to execute sourcing vision and strategies, including supplier selection and make/buy decisions
- Support Consumables COGS initiatives and forecasting
- Maintain Consumables Supply Chain KPIs
- Collaborate and deploy business reviews with strategic suppliers
- Bring sustainability focus to supply chain management
- Support strategic sourcing initiatives for global expansion
- Enable regulatory and quality initiatives
- Communicate sourcing related progress regularly to key stakeholders
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or equivalent
- 10+ years in life sciences/consumables sourcing, procurement, or supply chain management in an Operations environment with progressive growth and responsibilities
- Solid background in sourcing life sciences consumables in biological and/or chemical space
- Proven work experience in developing and maintaining vendor relationships and contracts in life sciences
- Solid understanding of supply chain concepts and experience working with COGS projects
- Strong communication and people skills
- Strong ability to engage in technical discussions with suppliers and R&D stakeholders, including foundational knowledge of biology or chemistry
- Ability to work across the organization and collaborate, partnering with various teams
- Effective presentation skills to varied audiences (i.e. R&D, Operations, Suppliers)
- Driven to build in start-up culture and flexible to work in fast-paced dynamic environment with rapidly shifting priorities
- Results driven, excellent organization skills, strong attention to detail, and highly analytical
- High degree of initiative, self-direction, and multi-tasking abilities
- Frequently moves boxes weighing up to 20 pounds
- San Diego
- Domestic travel up to 10% - supplier visits
Base Compensation Pay Range:
- $135,000 - $177,500
In addition to base compensation noted above, you will be eligible for stock options, discretionary annual bonus, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.