Total Rewards and Operations Analyst
At Element Biosciences, we are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics with unprecedented flexibility and quality that enable researchers to better understand biology for the improvement of global health. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We are looking for a driven, enthusiastic to work within our People Team and help develop our benefits and compensation programs. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who is eager to support our Element employees and collaborate with different business functions across the organization. Building relationships is critical in this role as you will regularly partner with Finance, Payroll, Talent Acquisition, People Operations, People Business Partners, Department Heads, and employees. This role will be based in San Diego and reports directly to the Sr Manager, Total Rewards.
If you possess the following and want to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to explore this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Support annual merit cycle, annual bonus cycle, and annual equity refresh, while maintaining and updating compensation architecture in the systems.
- Day-to-day compensation administration (pricing new roles, pay recommendations for new hires/promotions/transfers, HRIS compensation updates, payroll adjustments, etc.).
- Implement and manage regular benchmarking to ensure current market/survey data drives our compensation ranges.
- Develop and improve our internal compensation review process to ensure internal equity and our compensation results align with our overall compensation philosophy and guidelines.
- Scale up our current compensation philosophy, guidelines, processes, and tools to meet the demands of a rapidly growing company.
- Work closely with TA to prepare and maintain job descriptions for each position in the organization to ensure descriptions accurately reflect the work and skills required, and that they appropriately tie to our grades/salary ranges and career ladders.
- Keep up with applicable state and federal employment regulations, benefits, and compensation policies, etc.
- Day-to-day benefits administration (employee inquiries, invoices, vendor file feed maintenance, HRIS benefits updates/life events, payroll adjustments, etc.).
- Conduct new hire orientation benefits sessions as needed.
- Support annual Open Enrollment cycles and annual benefit related audits and filings (fund accounts, 401(k), ACA requirements, etc.).
- Be the subject matter expert for system reporting to support all People Team data needs – compliance, analytics, dashboards etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or other related field such as Accounting, Finance, Economics, etc.; Master’s degree is a plus.
- 3 - 5 years of related work experience.
- Advanced Excel proficiency is required.
- Experience managing a full compensation cycle.
- Experience submitting surveys and using compensation tools to conduct benchmarking.
- Experience with equity-based compensation is a plus.
- Experience supporting benefits-related audits and filings is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills matched with excellent communication skills.
- Thrives in a team environment but able to work independently and drive projects to completion.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Resourceful; finds creative solutions to problems.
*Note: If you do not have all the Total Rewards/Operations experience listed, but are advanced in Excel and have strong analytics/data skills, we encourage you to apply.
- San Diego, CA
- Full-time, Exempt
Base Compensation Pay Range:
- $97,200 - $118,800
In addition to base compensation noted above, you will be eligible for stock options, discretionary annual bonus, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.