Leaft Foods is pioneering planet friendly ingredients and proteins from green leaves. At the cutting edge of science and technology, we are seeking talented people to join our mission in creating a new food system.
Leaft's purpose is to reduce the environmental impact of food production through partnering with farmers on the Canterbury plains to produce a sustainable and environmentally friendly protein for human consumption. The protein, Rubisco, is found in the green leaves of plants and has incredibly unique properties compared with other plant proteins available on the market.
Our team is based just out of Christchurch, New Zealand and has recently completed a very successful capital raise alongside significant government funding for our R&D initiatives. This has set Leaft up to scale its R&D and production capabilities and bring products to market. Now is an amazing time to join this incredibly innovative and rewarding company.
As a Process Operator at Leaft Foods, you will play a pivotal role in our pilot plant operations. This position requires a hands-on individual with a keen attention to detail and a passion for working in a manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a dynamic environment, including night shifts as necessary.
- Operate and maintain pilot plant equipment.
- Monitor and control processing equipment to ensure consistent and high-quality product output.
- Assist in quality control activities, including sampling, testing, and documentation of production batches.
- Collaborate with engineering and maintenance teams to resolve equipment-related challenges.
- Leverage knowledge of HACCP and GMP principles to meet production goals.
- Contribute to a culture of safety, quality, and achievement.
Skills and Qualifications
- Prior experience in food manufacturing.
- Ability to work in a shift-based schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative mindset.
This is a fixed term role through to the end of our production season (May 31st 2024).