Regional Sales Manager, Food Service (Midwest US)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants. We’re building a rockstar team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to saving our planet.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it).
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) role is a highly visible member of our Foodservice Field and Distribution Sales Team, focused on growing the Impossible Foods business through collaboration with our Brokers, Distributors, Operators, and other Strategic Partners. This is an exciting opportunity which requires high energy, a keen understanding of the Foodservice industry, and the ability to motivate and build rapport with various internal and external partners. This role is critical in supporting various initiatives to help fuel our next chapter of growth.
This is a remote role, with the selected individual based in the designated region, preferably within the Chicagoland area, Minnesota, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio or Kentucky.
Essential Job Functions
- Build Strategic plans that generate revenue in assigned region and be accountable for results
- Develop and strengthen relationships with Brokers, corporate and independent Distributors, and key Operator accounts to achieve goals within the assigned region
- Clearly communicate expectations and goals to external partners, provide ongoing feedback, and conduct QBRs to support channel partners in achieving sales targets
- Represent Impossible Foods at food shows, distributors sales meetings, and trainings
- Negotiate and manage contracts, marketing agreements, and growth programs
- Analyze Broker and Distributor reports and provide bi-weekly summaries to internal team members regarding partner performance
- Manage administrative responsibilities with partners, including sample shipments, document and information requests, provide competitive intelligence reports and market feedback, support supply chain needs, and facilitate invoices/deductions
- 8+ years experience building relationships with Foodservice Operators, Distributors, and Brokers at the regional/national level; Ability to travel 40-60% of time.
- Seasoned communicator; both written and spoken - experience creating and giving presentations a must.
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets.
- Experience selling novel CPG product in Foodservice
- A bias towards action - you have an entrepreneurial mentality, can make and own decisions, and you adopt our “Blast Ahead” mentality of grit, action, and perseverance
- Emotional intelligence, positive attitude, and the ability to impact change with both internal and external partners (Finance, MarComms, Strategy/Analytics); internal and external relationships are a critical success factor for this role
- A growth mindset - you are curious, seek help from others, openly accept feedback, and capitalize on setbacks to move forward more effectively
- Experience triaging inquires and prioritizing time are critical
Impossible Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.
Impossible Foods offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment or interview process, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-877-6365. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email inbox will not be accepted.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.