Quality Assurance Supervisor (1st Shift)
People & HR, Operations, Quality Assurance
Oakland, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants. We’re building a rockstar team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to saving our planet.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it).
The position will lead and develop QA Technicians, provide support to production and ensure product quality and safety. The role is responsible for the execution of food safety and quality programs, ensuring and verifying accurate documentation by QA lab, leading root cause analysis investigations originating from non-conformances identified in the plant as well as via customer complaints and audits. Assists with GFSI audits, regulatory and customer requirements.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead, direct, and professionally develop a team of technicians while promoting safety at all times.
- Excellent collaborative, communication, influence, and resolution skills.
- Accountable for leading daily food safety and quality programs, testing, documentation, root cause analysis.
- Drive continuous improvement of product quality through assisting in the development in food safety and quality plans, process controls, training.
- Lead calibration programs, implement adherence to GMPs, lead root cause analysis, and point of contact for the lab for product development initiatives
- Leads team meetings and cross functional workshop performance, provides analysis of data for informed decision making.
- Hands on approach, willing and able to spend major of time on the operation floor
- Flexibility to work 1st Shift Hours (5:00am to 1:30pm)
- BS in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science or related field
- Work Experience: 2-5 years of food safety/QA leadership experience
- Knowledge of GMPs and Sanitation basics.
- Experience with ERP product status management and principles of traceability.
- Experience with quality tools and principles.
- Experience with management or supporting an environmental monitoring program and 3rd party laboratories.
- Knowledge of FDA regulations, HACCP, GFSI scheme standards and internal auditing.
- Supervisory experience of 3+ years
- Experience in food manufacturing with continual improvement projects
Impossible Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.