Manager, Corporate Accounting
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants. We’re building a rockstar team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to saving our planet.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it).
Impossible Foods is looking for a versatile Corporate Accounting Manager to join our growing team and help us scale for the future, in a fast-paced environment that’s growing rapidly! Our Corporate Accounting team is responsible for all aspects of the monthly close processes, financial and management reporting processes, financial systems, audits and supporting the business. The ideal individual is a well-rounded top performer who can be a key contributor in a high-energy growth environment, well organized, detail oriented that has an analytical attitude while having the ability to learn and adapt to changes. The Corporate Accounting Manager will work closely with business partners, including cross-functional teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide timely and accurate month-end close financials, including related close activities such as balance sheet reconciliations, variance analyses and analytical reviews, producing internal management reporting and financial statement support
- Manage, coordinate and lead the team in monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting close activities
- Approve journal entries and account reconciliations for the financial statements
- Drive finance transformation and implement scalable accounting processes from an operational and technical perspective to streamline end-to-end close cycle
- Build and maintain accounting policies and internal control procedures
- Assist in support of external audit, including preparation and coordination of audit requests and ongoing support
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience in a hyper growth environment
- Mix of private and public company experience preferred
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA (or international equivalent) required
- Superior analytical and modeling skills, including advanced proficiency in Excel and the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets
- A driven, continuous improvement and control mindset with a strong sense of ownership, accountability, teamwork, and collaboration
- The skills for learning and managing ERP data structures and reporting capabilities (SAP experience preferred)
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- A self-starter attitude who has experience leading teams effectively
Impossible Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.