Senior/Research Associate - Nutrition & Health
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants. We’re building a rockstar team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to saving our planet.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it).
We are looking for a Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate to join the Nutrition and Health team. As a member of the team, you will review and synthesize health and nutrition information from the scientific literature, analyze nutrient data in products pre- and post-manufacturing, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and conduct occasional laboratory experiments. You will also provide factual nutrition content for external communications and the team’s nutrition and health knowledge base through critical, in-depth literature and web research.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop nutrition targets for new products and work with product development teams to achieve targets.
- Evaluate nutritional content and health implications of new ingredients.
- Analyze nutritional lab data on ingredients, prototypes, and products.
- Create Nutrition Facts Panels for products using software and collaborate with Regulatory Affairs to ensure compliance with region-specific regulations.
- Work with cross-functional team members to develop factual nutrition messaging for products.
- Conduct literature reviews on various nutrition and health topics.
- Write comprehensive summaries on research topics/projects to empower the N&H team's position on ingredients of interest and expand the team's knowledge base.
- Aid in answering nutrition-related questions from customers and consumers on products.
- Stay apprised of new developments and claims in nutrition science (including fads and pseudoscience).
- Critically evaluate claims and conclusions.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in nutrition or closely related science degree, with coursework and/or experience in nutrition science.
- 2+ years of experience working in the food/food-service industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to research, critically read, and summarize a body of scientific literature.
- Critical thinking and decision making based on raw data and statistical analysis with detailed justification for recommendations made.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Facility with Excel and Google.
- Strong math skills and understanding of statistical analysis.
- Strong ability to work under time pressure.
- Strong ability to keep clear, organized and timely records and detailed data summaries.
- A passion for nutrition, health, sustainability, and Impossible Foods’ mission.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.