Industrial Maintenance Mechanic I
Oakland, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants. We’re building a rockstar team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to saving our planet.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it).
We are seeking a skilled Industrial Maintenance Mechanic to join our team in ensuring the smooth operation and efficient functionality of our production equipment and machinery. The employee will be responsible for conducting regular inspections, diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical issues, performing repairs and preventive maintenance tasks, and adhering to safety protocols. The ideal candidate should possess strong technical expertise, problem-solving skills, and a proactive approach to maintaining and improving equipment performance.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct routine inspections of machinery, equipment, and systems to identify potential issues or malfunctions.
- Diagnose mechanical problems, analyze root causes, and develop effective solutions to ensure minimal downtime and maximum efficiency.
- Perform repairs and maintenance tasks on a variety of production equipment, such as conveyors, pumps, motors, production lines, and packaging equipment.
- Use a wide range of hand and power tools, measuring instruments, to diagnose and repair mechanical systems.
- Fabricates repair parts by using maintenance shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Carry out preventive maintenance activities, including lubrication, adjustment, cleaning, and calibration of machinery, to minimize breakdowns and extend equipment lifespan.
- Adjust equipment to ensure proper function, mentor operations team on cause and effect.
- Collaborate with the maintenance team and other departments to coordinate maintenance schedules and prioritize repairs based on impact to production.
- Maintain accurate documentation of maintenance activities using a CMMS, including work orders, parts used, repairs performed, and any additional recommendations or observations
- Monitor inventory levels of spare parts and equipment, and submit requisitions for replenishment.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Follow safety protocols including but not limited to Lock-Out-Tag-Out, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry and ensure compliance with all standards, taking precautions to maintain a safe working environment.
- Stay updated on advancements in maintenance techniques, technologies, and industry standards, and recommend improvements to improve equipment performance and efficiency.
- Ability to work 3rd shift (9pm - 5:30am)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic or similar role
- Proven understanding of mechanical systems, including pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical circuits, and PLCs.
- Proficient in troubleshooting issues using various tools and equipment.
- Familiarity with maintenance procedures, preventive maintenance techniques, and equipment manuals.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, schematics, and equipment specifications.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and able to resolve issues efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Good communication and social skills to successfully collaborate with team members and provide clear instructions or explanations.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and practices related to equipment maintenance.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand and walk during full shifts up to and including overtime
- Must be able to work in various environmental conditions such as cold and refrigerated.
- Degree, certification or vocational training from technical or trade school.
- 2-5 years of experience in food manufacturing or industrial environment.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.