Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants. We’re building a rockstar team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to saving our planet.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it).
We’re seeking a highly-motivated and mission-aligned Corporate Paralegal to join our Corporate Legal team. You will work on everything from board and equity matters to international subsidiary management while supporting a fast-growing startup company. A strong background in general corporate practice, with experience in venture-backed financings and other securities offerings is preferred.
Essential Job Functions
- Support board and committee matters, including the preparation of minutes, resolutions, and other materials, the coordination of D&O questionnaires, and the management of our electronic board portal
- Assist with various corporate governance matters, such as company-wide trainings (including via electronic learning management systems) and the improvement and maintenance of corporate records
- Assist with a range of sophisticated securities matters, including due diligence, document preparation and execution, and closing for securities offerings and other strategic transactions
- Collaborate with our corporate securities team on equity grant processes, varied stock transactions, and Blue Sky matters
- Coordinate on the compliance and corporate governance of our international subsidiaries
- Work with cross-functional teams in response to requests for information from our auditors and regulators
- Provide support for various additional projects, such as coordinating signatures, filings, and mailings, and maintaining our corporate calendar to ensure compliance with matters like state business registration requirements
- Four-year degree and/or paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program
- Two or more years of paralegal experience working in a large corporate setting and/or major law firm
- Ability to work collaboratively, multitask between shifting priorities, lead cross-functional groups, and operate in a fast-paced culture where accuracy is important
- High ethical standards and the ability to maintain the confidentiality of non-public corporate information
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication and organizational skills
- A proactive approach to recognizing needs, anticipating issues, and solving problems
- Ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions to novel issues
- Experience working with senior management and board members
- Experience with external data sites, such as Nasdaq's board portal
- Notary public certification, or willingness to become a notary
Impossible Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.