Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants. We’re building a rockstar team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to saving our planet.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it).
The R&D Technician supports an interdisciplinary team of designers, scientists, engineers, and chefs. We are looking for someone that is a creative problem solver, who has excellent record keeping skills, has an eye for details, and enjoys working as part of a dynamic team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support formula validations and prepare product samples with testing and organized data collection
- Work in laboratory test kitchen to prepare, cook, and serve food samples for sensory test panels
- Perform laboratory tasks in an organized and efficient manner, in accordance to safety practices in working with the laboratory equipment, chemicals and other materials
- Develop and carry out cooking SOPs for assays and product validations for product end users
- Coordinate product samples for testing from multiple sources
- Communicate and work cross-functionally
- Learn new equipment operation and methods based on new products and experiments
- Document and communicate test findings effectively using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, organized and safe workplace
- Follow detailed written protocols
- Participate in internal sensory panels
- Must demonstrate excellent record keeping and accountability
- Maintain laboratory kitchen equipment
- Voice ideas, concerns and solutions to teammates
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Confident knowledge of scientific process (identifying controls, noise in data, hypothesis development)
- Agility using and documenting data and SOPs
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience in fast-paced environment where accuracy is important
- Self-motivated to make meaningful contributions in a team environment
- Self-motivated individual with good communication and organization skills
- Positive, motivated, and hardworking attitude
- Comfortable using math for formulation calculations
- Strong adherence to safety protocols
Preferred Qualifications (but not required):
- Some experience in food production or scientific research environment
- AS or BS degree
Impossible Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
See more open positions at Impossible Foods
Something looks off?