Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Marketing & Communications
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants. We’re building a rockstar team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to saving our planet.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it).
Impossible Foods is looking for a highly proactive corporate communications pro to amplify our business narrative and drive key external communications programs, including media and executive visibility opportunities, speaking engagements, awards, events and much more. This role partners closely with leaders and team members across the company to build messaging and communications strategies that drive awareness of Impossible Foods’ people and programs.
This is a remote/hybrid role, based in New York City.
- 8+ years of strategic communications experience in a fast-paced environment, and 10+ years of total related work experience.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to create compelling content.
- A keen eye for accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- A reputation for credibility, integrity and sound judgment, including the ability to counsel leadership and anticipate problems before they occur.
- Strong interpersonal skills and one-on-one media relations experience.
- The ability to develop a narrative and bring it to life through content (blogs, press releases, pitches, talking points).
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify and lead media opportunities, awards, speaking engagements and events that amplify Impossible Foods' brand, mission, employees, and leadership team.
- Support the communications and media strategy for key departments and teams, including finance, people, ESG, legal, regulatory, manufacturing, and more.
- Engage regularly with journalists, editors and media outlets to pitch stories, conduct interviews, and communicate updates.
- Respond to, reassign, and provide recommendations for inbound media inquiries in a highly time-sensitive manner.
- Lead all aspects of Impossible Foods' employee speaking program and policy, including management of content and logistics details.
- Provide on-site support when needed for high-visibility external speaking engagements.
- Work closely with Impossible Foods' Internal Communications and Social Media teams to amplify speaking events, awards, and other corporate initiatives to internal and external audiences, including via Impossible Foods’ corporate LinkedIn account and internal weekly newsletter.
- Develop briefing materials (including talking points) to prepare speakers for media opportunities and speaking engagements.
- Support issues and crisis management efforts.
- Serve on the cross-functional team developing the company's annual Impact Report, which includes narrative development, copywriting, and project management.
- Review and provide strategic guidance for consumer support messaging in conjunction with the Consumer Relations team.
- Develop and maintain corporate media lists (including national, local and trade press), and follow key media moves and hires.
- Report on and measure brand and industry media coverage, including relevant trends and hot-button issues.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
See more open positions at Impossible Foods
Something looks off?