R&D Technician I/II
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2023
Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants. We’re building a rockstar team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to saving our planet.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it).
Essential Job Functions
- Be an active and reliable member of Impossible Foods’ Process Development & Piloting Team operating oil seed processing technologies and equipment
- Help maintain general housekeeping in all areas of the pilot plant
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), production batch records
- Participate in solving problems surrounding pilot processing, quality and equipment failures
- Work in a food certified Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) facility requiring Proper Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Complete Clean-in-Place, Clean-out-of-Place and Sanitation of equipment and processing parts
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, organized and safe workplace
- Help with deliveries and the warehouse
- Maintain Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) and GMP standards within the facility
- Assist in inventory management for Raw Materials and Finished Products
- A safety-first mentality and proactively keep an eye out for safety issues
- Self-motivation with strong oral and written communication skills with good organization skills
- Ability to continuously establish and maintain excellent record keeping, inventory, and accountability
- Ability to work with a diverse, dynamic team reliably
- Efficient multitasker skills
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50lbs (infrequent with assistance if needed)
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- 1-2 years of experience in pilot plant or manufacturing operations
- Experience working with solvents
- Familiarity or understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Familiarity & understanding of CIP, COP, SIP and SAN Operations
- Forklift certification
- Basic knowledge of Google Sheets
Impossible Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
See more open positions at Impossible Foods
Something looks off?