Provider Experience Specialist
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on our mission:
As a Provider Experience Specialist at Zocdoc, you will embody our core values in all interactions, working diligently to deliver exceptional customer service to our provider accounts. You’ll be evaluated on your ability to upsell features and offer tailored solutions to our customers. You will play a vital role in fostering authentic connections, inspiring engagement, and ensuring that healthcare providers can easily access the benefits of Zocdoc's platform through calls, emails, and chat.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Super-positive and empathetic: you see the best in people and know how to bring it out
- A team player, who enjoys working in a highly collaborative (and extremely fun!) team environment
- Passionate about bringing solutions to providers
- Excited to learn new techniques and systems
Your day to day is…
- Providing best-in-class customer service experiences to our healthcare provider partners through calls, emails, and chat, proactively upsell features, and make it easy for customers to utilize Zocdoc's services effectively.
- Seeking opportunities to make using Zocdoc easy for our providers through multiple channels, streamlining their interactions and improving their overall experience.
- Acting as the voice of Zocdoc, treating each interaction as a chance to create lasting positive impressions, offer proactive solutions, and humanize the connection between our product and our users. Resolving issues promptly and effectively.
- Developing a deep understanding of Zocdoc's platform and services, inspiring engagement by demonstrating the value we bring to our users through multiple support channels.
- Maintaining accurate records of all interactions, ensuring that our commitment to making healthcare easy is consistently upheld, regardless of the communication method.
You’d be successful in this role if you have….
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both in verbal and written form
- Customer service experience, preferably in a healthcare or technology-related field
- Strong problem-solving abilities and adaptability in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Dedication to delivering best-in-class customer service and promoting Zocdoc's mission
- Competitive PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Employer funded 401(k) match
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace and Peloton
- Parental leave
- Cell Phone reimbursement
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice