Service Operations Associate
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on our mission:
As a Customer Service Associate, you'll be responsible for solving problems before they exist and creating magical moments for Zocdoc patients that inspire a strong connectivity between user and brand. If you have a passion for delivering amazing customer service experiences for a customer obsessed company that is truly making an impact, this is the role for you. As a Zocdoc’r, you will realize, our customer service team touts an incredible, supportive, and hands on culture.
You'll enjoy this role if you are:
- A natural optimist, bring an empathetic and enthusiastic approach to problem solving, and a master of building authentic connections with our customers: you genuinely enjoy and find fulfillment in helping others and it shows through your interactions
- A team player, who enjoys working in a highly collaborative (and extremely fun) team environment
- Driven and motivated by providing best in class customer service experiences that leave a lasting positive impression and inspire continued utilization and advocacy of our products
- Highly adaptable with a learners mindset, and someone who is excited to learn new techniques and systems
Your day to day is:
- Supporting patients via chat, email, and phone ensuring a seamless Zocdoc experience
- Using your multitasking abilities to field requests from multiple users simultaneously
- Applying your problem-solving skills to answer patients questions and make sure they get the appointments they need
You'd be successful in this role if you have:
- A great deal of initiative, resourcefulness, attention to detail, and sense of ownership
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills, sharp focus, and the ability to flourish in both independent and collaborative settings
- Top-notch customer service skills (experience at a service-based company is a plus)
- The ability to quickly learn and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- A passion for improving the lives of people through technology is a must
- An incredible team of smart and supportive people
- A competitive compensation package, including attractive medical insurance
- Daycare/creche facility for kids
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace
- Cellphone and wifi reimbursement
- Competitive parental leave
- Annual sponsored health check ups
- Sabbatical leave (over 5 years)
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice