Patient Experience Team Lead
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on our Mission:
As the Patient Experience Team Lead at Zocdoc, your core duties are to lead and support our Patient Experience team members to maximize their contributions when engaging with our patients. You will play a crucial role in designing and aligning content for huddles, monthly meetings, and workshops, ensuring a patient-centric approach in every interaction. As a trusted leader, your responsibility includes monitoring call, email, and chat queues while on supervisor coverage to ensure we are meeting our Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and delivering exceptional patient experiences. Team Leads are also expected to support specific Patient Experience initiatives that drive the business forward in collaboration with their manager, all while helping the team live by our core values.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are:
- Are enthusiastic about coaching and growing team members
- Have a fervent flame to learn and adapt to the changing business strategies
- Are remarkable at time management and prioritization, managing stakeholders and projects simultaneously
- Enthusiastic about working cross-functionally to achieve goals
- Are outstanding in communicating effectively (both verbal and written)
Your day-to-day is…
- Consistent Patient Experience Delivery: Provide daily supervisor coverage and support to handle escalated patient issues. Dynamically reallocate staffing resources to appropriate queues to ensure consistent delivery of exceptional patient experiences.
- Real-time Feedback for Patient-Centric Care: Provide clear and concise feedback to team members on-the-fly, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and patient-centric care.
- Coaching for Patient Engagement: Collaborate with Patient Experience Managers to provide effective coaching to team members in 1:1 sessions, identifying areas of improvement in patient engagement.
- Effective Content and Communication: Create, manage, and present engaging content for monthly meetings and huddles to ensure team members receive necessary updates with a focus on patient-centric communication.
- Resource Utilization: Utilize organizational resources (SKBs) and ensure that resources are kept up-to-date to facilitate efficient patient-centric operations.
- Knowledge and Resource Hub: Be a resource and wealth of knowledge for the team, providing guidance and support during patient interactions. Ensure team members have access to the information needed to deliver comprehensive patient-centric care.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Leadership experience
- At least one year of experience in managing/coaching people
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and sharp focus
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Experience at a healthcare tech company would be an advantage
- An incredible team of smart and supportive people
- A competitive compensation package, including attractive medical insurance
- Daycare/creche facility for kids
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace
- Cellphone and wifi reimbursement
- Competitive parental leave
- Annual sponsored health check ups
- Sabbatical leave (over 5 years)
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice