Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on Our Mission
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. An Executive Assistant serves as a trusted and valuable business partner to our leadership team. Their primary responsibility is to optimize and prioritize the leadership's time, ensuring the smooth execution of their goals. By working closely with the team, possessing excellent communication skills, delivering top-notch customer service, and fostering a strong relationship with leadership, this person guarantees that the executives can concentrate on high-yield strategic initiatives.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Autonomous, urgent, and creative. You genuinely love high-volume and ever-changing priorities.
- A highly motivated problem-solver.
- Passionate about organization.
- The kind of person who enjoys working with others and finding ways to collaborate effectively
- Are adaptable, self-driven, and efficient while producing high-quality results under pressure while being open to changing priorities
- A strong and effective communicator.
Your day-to-day is…
- Full ownership of multiple calendars for our C-suite level leadership team
- Collaborating closely with the broader EA team on projects and events that contribute to a dynamic and supportive environment
- Understanding your executive's preferences, including meeting cadence, travel logistics, and conference room preparation
- Managing meetings and schedules efficiently, both recurring and ad hoc, while keeping calendars organized and prioritizing tasks effectively
- Meeting management, including preparing agendas, taking notes, distributing action items, etc.
- Assisting in scheduling and running high-profile meetings, including Board meetings, Executive off-sites, and ongoing staff meetings. This includes, but is not limited to, attendee communications and venue management/coordination
- Coordinating and overseeing complex domestic and international travel arrangements, including all necessary documentation
- Working with internal members on coordinating any health and tech-related conferences as needed
- Managing email on behalf of your executive, including drafting, sending, and racing communication
- Complete expense reports and manage company documents and contracts as needed
- Personal assistant duties, including but not limited to running errands, booking appointments, communicating with family, and coordinating family travel plans.
- Ad hoc projects as needed.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A minimum of 4 years experience in an Executive Assistant role supporting C-Suite executives
- Superb communication and relationship management skills! You believe in keeping your stakeholders in the loop and know that multiple communication mediums are the key to success
- You can handle sensitive and confidential information with high professionalism and discretion.
- Humility. You believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect, regardless of title or tenure. You view this role as an opportunity to create positive change
- Passion for customer service, with the ability to adapt to various personalities and rapidly shifting priorities
- A compassionate but consultative and confident approach with a nothing-too-big, nothing-too-small attitude
- A fundamental understanding of urgency and a passion for getting results (we move fast around here!)
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice