Provider Data Operations Researcher
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Healthcare is too hard. At Zocdoc, we strive every day to make it easier for patients to get the care they need. Founded with a mission to give power to the patient, Zocdoc enables the seamless healthcare experience patients expect and deserve. Every day, we hear from patients who tell us about the very real difference we’ve made in their lives. You can hear some of their stories here.
Your Impact on Our Mission:
As a Provider Data Operations Researcher, you’ll research information on healthcare professionals and institutions to build and update one of the largest databases in the healthcare industry worldwide.
You’ll Enjoy This Role if You…
- Are enthusiastic about bringing solutions to both patients and providers
- Have a fervent flame to learn and adapt to new skill-sets and processes
- Are outstanding in communicating effectively (both verbal and written)
- Have a keen eye for detail and can capture discrepancies efficiently
- A team player, who is eager to work in an extremely happy, fun, and progressive environment
- Remarkable at time management and prioritization, managing stakeholders and projects simultaneously
Your Day to Day Is…
You’ll primarily use the internet and learn in-house tools to collect information on medical professionals and institutions such as, their names, addresses, other contact information, affiliations, board certifications, and awards and recognitions. You will also:
- Receive adequate training on work tools and process workflow to have sound knowledge and understanding of both
- Meet or exceed metric goals for both productivity and accuracy
- Ensure high-quality data verification and structured or unstructured research using available search tools and applications
- Daily reporting of work done in the available reporting tools
- Promptly communicate any glitches, impediments in the process workflow to team head and respond to emails in an appropriate and timely manner
- Be aware of the latest guidelines and policies impacting work
- Participate in and develop projects and processes focusing on data-integrity and workflow solutions
You’d be Successful in This Role if You Have…
- At least bachelor’s degree from a reputed institution (good percentage or a minimum of 60% in 10th/12th/graduation and above)
- 0-2 years of work experience
- Proficiency in or working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, and internet search
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to learn quickly and readily adapt to change
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and sharp focus
- Strong interpersonal and team skills, but still be able to work independently to accomplish team goals
- An incredible team of smart and supportive people
- A competitive compensation package, including attractive medical insurance
- Amazing perks – think catered lunch every day, Ping Pong, etc.
- Daycare/creche facility for kids
- Phone bill reimbursement
- Zocdoc is certified as a Great Place to Work 2022-2023.
Note: We are looking for candidates based out in Pune or willing relocate.
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Something looks off?