Manager, Total Rewards
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on our Mission
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. This role will be a key partner within the People team and the broader organization. As Manager of Total Rewards, you will lead the Compensation and Benefits COE, providing subject matter expertise in assigned areas to develop organizational strategy in meeting specific objectives to recruit, retain, reward, and develop talent.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- A strong relationship builder. You have leadership ability, and are a natural collaborator
- An expert level communicator. You’re able to bridge a big picture vision and a tactical plan that our employees understand at the lowest level of detail
- The kind of person who likes to roll up your sleeves, as this is a leadership position but will still be involved in individual contributor work
- Serious about your work, but not about yourself. Let’s face it - the way things are going, you kind of need a sense of humor
Your day to day is…
- Acting as the subject matter expert on compensation topics (e.g., grading, salary, bonus, equity, in particular for high growth companies, and sales incentives).
- Working directly with HRBPs to provide support and guidance on execution of compensation programs and philosophy. Key focus on clear and consistent communication and training for HRBPs and People Managers.
- Ongoing research and analysis to support business decision making to remain competitive in the market. Key focus on DE&I analysis and program design to ensure Zocdoc compensation programs are inclusive.
- Leading Job Leveling project in partnership with the HRBP team, creating a framework that supports and adapts to business goals.
- Making strategic recommendations for compensation and benefit plan designs and supports financial performance and management of these plans.
- Ensuring compliance with employment-related federal and state statutory requirements regarding employee pay and benefits. Stay up-to-date on current compensation-related legislation.
- Providing a high level of service to all employees in all aspects of their pay, benefits, and other rewards; ensures that employee service and communications are delivered effectively, thoroughly, and efficiently to diverse audiences.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 5-7 years combined experience in compensation, benefits, or other related disciplines, with proven experience scaling up and leading a team.Emphasis on compensation and equity.
- Minimum of 3 years managing a team
- Strong relationship building skills. You have leadership ability, and are a natural collaborator
- Expert communicator. You’re able to bridge a big picture vision and a tactical plan that our employees understand at the lowest level of detail.
- Roll up your sleeves mentality, as this is a leadership position but will still be involved in individual contributor work.
- Workday experience is a strong plus.
- Professional HR/Compensation/Benefits certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a hyper-growth, tech organization.
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to succeed in an environment with ambiguity and competing demands.
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Employer funded 401(k) match
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace and Peloton
- Sabbatical leave (for employees with 5+ years of service)
- Competitive parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- In office perks including:
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Something looks off?