Principal Product Designer
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on our Mission
Healthcare is complicated: people are anxious about their health, insurance coverage is obscure, and there’s uncertainty in finding the right type of care. As a Principal Product Designer on the Patient Team, you’ll immerse yourself deeply in understanding these problems and your work will be instrumental in crafting a forward-looking vision that pushes the status quo. With a bias towards action, you’ll build a product roadmap with your cross-functional partners and identify how to best deliver iterative value to progress to the big goals. Your proven track record in product strategy, honed design skills, and high bar for quality will serve as inspiration of what great design leadership looks like— other designers will turn to you for mentorship and company leaders will vye to have you as a thought partner.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Personally motivated by being a positive change agent in the world and want to dive into solving complex social problems
- Focused on deeply understanding our users and building solutions that balance their needs with what’s technically feasible within a given time constraint
- Highly motivated by a collaborative and supportive work environment
- Serious about your work, but not about yourself. Let’s face it - the way things are going, you kind of need a sense of humor
Your day to day is…
- Full ownership of end to end patient experiences: from inception to execution
- Building and fostering relationships with key cross-functional partners and senior leadership
- Thriving in the challenges of ambiguity and driving through it
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Meaningful (7+ years) experience in product design and a strong design portfolio that showcases your design process, problem-solving skills, and ability to creates exceptional user experiences
- The mentality of an entrepreneur/owner and a strong bias to action
- A fundamental understanding of core design and prototyping tools like Figma, Framer, or InVision
- Superb communication skills! You believe in keeping all of your stakeholders in the loop and know that multiple mediums of communication are the key to success
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Something looks off?