Senior Security Operations Engineer
About the Company:
Worldcoin (www.worldcoin.org) is an open-source protocol, supported by a global community of developers, individuals, economists and technologists committed to expanding participation in, and access to, the global economy. Its community is united around core beliefs in the inherent worth and equality of every individual, the right to personal privacy, and open and public collaboration. These beliefs are reflected in what the community is building: a public utility to connect everyone to the global economy.
The Worldcoin Foundation (www.worldcoin.foundation) is the protocol’s steward and will support and grow the Worldcoin community until it becomes self-sufficient. Tools for Humanity (www.toolsforhumanity.com) is a global hardware and software development company. It helped launch Worldcoin and continues to provide support to the Foundation, in addition to operating the World App.
This opportunity would be with Tools for Humanity.
About the Orb
Worldcoin's launch requires a "Proof-of-Personhood": a way to determine someone is human (not a bot) and hasn't already claimed their free share of Worldcoin. This is why we developed the Orb.
The Orb is an advanced biometric imaging device, custom-designed for Worldcoin's launch. Orbs are deployed to a global network of operators, who use the device to onboard new Worldcoin users. During this onboarding, the Orb will generate a hash of each user's iris and submit it to Worldcoin's trustless backend (built on Ethereum). For more details on how the Orb is part of Worldcoin's privacy-preserving approach to Proof-of-Personhood, see How the Launch Works.
The Orb solves a fierce combination of engineering and UX challenges, centered around image quality, security, and ease-of-use. Each device has an advanced iris imaging system, designed to work consistently across real-world lighting conditions. An additional suite of sensors feeds into an onboard fraud detection system, enabling use in unsecured environments. These systems are combined in a sleek industrial design with a simple, minimalist user interface.
About the Team
For Worldcoin to launch successfully on a global scale, we need to both ensure fairness and build trust with our users. Therefore, it is essential to prevent fraud, protect privacy, and ensure availability.
Beyond regular company security the goal of security at Worldcoin is to deploy an edge device to unsecured environments. We consider a wide range of threats that span tampering with the device, spoofing the device as well as backend attacks. The cross-disciplinary nature of this team requires interfacing with various other teams across the company including Economics, AI, Backend and Orb Software. We are a small security team and you will have a huge impact!
About the Opportunity
- Engineer and manage solutions to bolster our security incident detection and response capabilities.
- Be responsible for the architecture and ongoing hardening of access control and identity systems.
- Develop and enforce data loss prevention strategies to safeguard organizational data.
- Perform security audits on business applications and in-house systems, driving improvements where needed.
- Develop and deliver security training and awareness programs for staff.
- Implement and maintain endpoint security solutions and strategies to safeguard against unauthorized access, malware and data leaks.
- Hands-on mastery of endpoint security solutions, including but not limited to, EDR and MDM platforms.
- Expert-level proficiency with SIEM solutions, capable of architecting monitoring dashboards and fine-tuning alerting systems for low-noise, high-impact incident detection.
- Extensive experience with IAM platforms, with a proven track record in auditing, hardening, and architecting security solutions, including the implementation of device trust frameworks.
- Proficient in creating and executing security audits on business applications and internal systems, with the ability to drive actionable improvements based on audit findings.
- A strong advocate for security awareness, capable of designing and leading internal programs to elevate organizational security consciousness.
Nice To Have:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Security Operations or closely related roles.
- Previous experience in leading threat-hunting initiatives or incident response simulations.
- Demonstrable scripting skills in languages like Python, Bash, or Go to automate tasks and develop custom tooling.
- Experience in leading or mentoring less experienced team members in the realm of security operations.
- Experience with regulatory compliance standards such as SOC 2, ISO 27001 or GDPR.
- A portfolio of public talks, blogs, or research papers on relevant security topics is a plus.
Pay transparency statement (for CA and NY based roles):
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at TFH ranges from $140,000-$220,000 plus a competitive long term incentive package. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, TFH offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) plan and match, life insurance, flexible time off, commuter benefits, professional development stipend and much more!