Data Scientist, Field Monitoring
About the Company:
Worldcoin (www.worldcoin.org) is an open-source protocol, supported by a global community of developers, individuals, economists and technologists committed to expanding participation in, and access to, the global economy. Its community is united around core beliefs in the inherent worth and equality of every individual, the right to personal privacy, and open and public collaboration. These beliefs are reflected in what the community is building: a public utility to connect everyone to the global economy.
The Worldcoin Foundation (www.worldcoin.foundation) is the protocol’s steward and will support and grow the Worldcoin community until it becomes self-sufficient. Tools for Humanity (www.toolsforhumanity.com) is a global hardware and software development company. It helped launch Worldcoin and continues to provide support to the Foundation, in addition to operating the World App.
This opportunity would be with Tools for Humanity.
About the AI & Biometrics Team:
The AI & Biometrics team is building a biometric iris recognition system that can work reliably with more than a billion users and enables them to claim their free share of WLD. We use cutting-edge machine learning deployed on custom hardware to enable high-quality image acquisition, identification, and fraud prevention, all while requiring minimal user interaction. Our technology, coupled with privacy-preserving data collection, allows us to increase system performance and reduce model bias.
We are building an iris recognition and fraud detection engine that works on the 1bn people scale. Therefore, its performance needs to out-perform all the current iris recognition technologies. We leverage our powerful custom-made iris recognition device, the Orb, combined with the latest research from the field of AI and Deep Learning
About the Opportunity:
As Worldcoin grows and gets exposed to more and more situations in the wild, we need to monitor the field performances, understand users patterns and quickly respond to incidents.
As our Data Scientist, you will be the interface between the AI team and the field, monitor field performances, lead investigation on field cases and influence the team's roadmap by your discoveries
In this role you will:
- Be the interface and eyes between the AI team and the field, and primary response system to incoming investigation requests
- Monitor the performances of our models deployed on Orbs all across the globe
- Receive incoming demands for analysis, investigate field cases
- Work transversely across the AI team, gathering knowledge and context on all our models
- 3 years of experience in the industry of Data Science, Machine Learning and/or Data Analysis
- Strong programming skills in Python, including PyTorch, Torchvision, Pandas, Numpy, Open-cv
- Computer Vision or Machine Learning experience is nice to have
- Experience with cloud-based platforms and tools (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure) is nice to have
- Advanced knowledge of computer vision algorithms and techniques, with a focus on deep learning methods for image and video analysis
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively in cross-functional teams and present technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field with a focus on AI, machine learning, or computer vision