About the Company:
Worldcoin (www.worldcoin.org) is an open-source protocol, supported by a global community of developers, individuals, economists and technologists committed to expanding participation in, and access to, the global economy. Its community is united around core beliefs in the inherent worth and equality of every individual, the right to personal privacy, and open and public collaboration. These beliefs are reflected in what the community is building: a public utility to connect everyone to the global economy.
The Worldcoin Foundation (www.worldcoin.foundation) is the protocol’s steward and will support and grow the Worldcoin community until it becomes self-sufficient. Tools for Humanity (www.toolsforhumanity.com) is a global hardware and software development company. It helped launch Worldcoin and continues to provide support to the Foundation, in addition to operating the World App.
This opportunity would be with Tools for Humanity.
About the Team:
The Finance team at Worldcoin is critical to ensuring Worldcoin functions from a payments standpoint, and also that proper controls and forecasting can occur. It works with all departments and executives, ensuring the company’s strong financial health.
About the Job:
We are seeking a skilled and meticulous Senior Accountant to join our team. The successful candidate will oversee our financial records and ensure that all financial transactions are accurately and promptly recorded. As a Senior Accountant, you will collaborate closely with the management team and contribute to the company's overall financial strategy.
- Assist with daily accounting operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger management.
- Participate in the purchase order process, from creation to management, including Goods Receipt (GR) and Invoice Receipt (IR) management.
- Conduct monthly reconciliation of company bank accounts, credit cards, other accounts, and intercompany transactions. Assist with the preparation and issuance of cost plus markup invoices, double-checking all calculations and entries for accuracy.
- Participate in the payroll process and conduct monthly payroll reconciliation, ensuring all payroll transactions are accurately recorded. Liaise with external tax accountants regarding payroll tax returns.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of tax returns, including VAT, in compliance with German tax laws.
- Review and analyze financial data to help identify trends and suggest improvements, including tax efficiency strategies.
- Help ensure the company's compliance with all relevant financial regulations and laws, particularly German tax laws and regulations.
- Perform other accounting-related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Prior experience with a Big Four Accounting Firm is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years' professional experience in accounting, with a preference for those who have worked in a technology startup environment.
- Comprehensive understanding and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Proficiency in utilizing accounting software, such as SAP S/4 Hana, DATEV, or equivalent.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to explain complex financial information in a clear manner.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated capability to work independently, manage multiple tasks concurrently, and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines.
- A keen eye for detail, ensuring accuracy and consistency in financial records and reporting.
- CPA or Wirtschaftsprüfer (WP) credentials are highly desirable.
- Proficiency in German is essential, including comprehension, speaking, and reading skills. Fluency in English is also required.