Senior Software Engineer, Backend
About the Company:
Worldcoin (www.worldcoin.org) is an open-source protocol, supported by a global community of developers, individuals, economists and technologists committed to expanding participation in, and access to, the global economy. Its community is united around core beliefs in the inherent worth and equality of every individual, the right to personal privacy, and open and public collaboration. These beliefs are reflected in what the community is building: a public utility to connect everyone to the global economy.
The Worldcoin Foundation (www.worldcoin.foundation) is the protocol’s steward and will support and grow the Worldcoin community until it becomes self-sufficient. Tools for Humanity (www.toolsforhumanity.com) is a global hardware and software development company. It helped launch Worldcoin and continues to provide support to the Foundation, in addition to operating the World App.
This opportunity would be with Tools for Humanity.
About the Team:
The Cloud team strives to build secure, low-latency systems that operate on a billion-plus user scale, incorporating data science, AI, crypto, fraud-prevention and many other components to power everything from Orbs to user wallets.
About the Opportunity:
As a senior software engineer you’ll be designing and building systems that run inside of AWS VPCs.
In this role, you will:
- Take ownership of larger pieces of work and lead them!
- Create application and infrastructure components mainly in golang.
- You will work with Terraform-provisioned AWS infrastructure and with services like S3, EKS, EC2, Route53, etc.
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide application support, incident management and troubleshooting.
- Travel to Berlin throughout the year to meet and collaborate with the team
- Experience in golang or possibly rust.
- Familiar with microservice architectures—you have seen them at scale.
- Can knowledgeably discuss performance, security, and user interactions in complex software systems.
- Built and operated a large scale distributed system service.
- Expertise in AWS.
- Expertise in Kubernetes.
- Experience with MongoDB is nice to have.
Pay transparency statement (for CA and NY based roles):
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at TFH ranges from $176,000 - $270,000, plus a competitive long term incentive package. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, TFH offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, life insurance, flexible time off, commuter benefits, professional development stipend and much more!