Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
WindBorne Systems is supercharging weather models with a unique proprietary data source: constellations of next-generation smart weather balloons targeting the most critical atmospheric data. Our long-term vision is to eliminate weather uncertainty, and in the process help humanity adapt to climate change, be that predicting hurricanes or speeding the adoption of renewables. The founding team of Stanford engineers was named Forbes 2019 30 under 30 and is backed by top investors including Khosla Ventures.
WindBorne Systems is looking for an Assembly Technician to grow its manufacturing team. You will be a part of the group responsible for assembling small weather balloon payloads, with the purpose of gathering atmospheric data over otherwise unobserved areas. If you have a passion for technology and the desire to be a part of an effort to drastically improve weather forecasting and tackle climate change please send your resume, optional portfolio of what you have assembled in the past, and include in the email what makes you excited about this opportunity!
We're dedicated to both mitigating climate change and helping humanity adapt to its effects as fast as possible, and you can be a part of our mission to make this global societal impact. If you like the idea of working on cutting edge technology, and working with a fast moving team, WindBorne is the place for you.
Roles and responsibilities
- Building intricate assemblies to integrate into a balloon payload
- Electrically and mechanically testing parts throughout the assembly process
- Soldering onto delicate PCBs
- Working with chemicals
- Working on processes where high attention to detail is required
- Working in a highly variable environment with improvements being implemented often
- Training new technicians as team grows
- Meeting weekly quotas for your part of the manufacturing process
- Using proprietary software test and track manufacturing progress
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent hand dexterity
- Familiarity with hand and power tools
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and process
- Comfortable working with small and delicate materials
- Ability to follow written instructions provided by the manufacturer to build final product
- Ability to manage time effectively in order to finish tasks needing completion in a timely manner
- Ability to work with others in a friendly and professional manner in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to adapt to new procedures
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment where priorities can change quickly
- Able to work during operating hours of 9am-5pm, M-F at Palo Alto, CA location
Nice to have
- Previous soldering experience
- Experience working in a clean room environment
- Experience manufacturing small electronics
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience in working on a small team/startup environment
Compensation and Benefits
- Pay: $22/hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 2 weeks PTO
- Office food and beverages
Address: 858 San Antonio Rd, Palo Alto, CA.
The position is in-person.