UX Designer - Visual Designer
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
F5 is building a next-generation BIG-IP platform, and we are the team making that happen. Join our established global UX team to help design, craft, and evolve the F5 product user experience.
We are owners, and you will be too. We obsess about customer needs, so expect to be a champion of user-centered design. We choose speed and agility over endless process, so be ready to move fast. We help each other thrive, and we will empower you to excel.
As a User Experience Designer, you will generate low- and high-fidelity design deliverables, working in close collaboration with UX designers, Product Managers and UI Engineers. You will drive the visual experience, keeping alignment with F5’s overall product design system and libraries top of mind. You will be the steward of our layered and growing component library and style guides, which will help us make using our product’s (highly technical) features coherent, consistent and easy for our customers to use.
And you’ll thrive in a place where colleagues recognize your contributions, rely on your skills and appreciate your insight.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver mockups, prototypes and specifications that provide the highest degree of clarity about what is being built
- Collaborate with UX Design and UI Engineering teams to ensure the UX design intentions are realized alongside feature and business requirements
- Be the keeper of a consistent and compelling interactive experience for customers and teams, by authoring and maintaining design documentation and making sure established UI patterns and guidelines are followed
- Participate, as our team liaison, in F5’s organization-wide efforts toward a unified product experience
- Anything else you put your mind to – we’re open to suggestions ...
What you should have:
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience with a degree in design (graphic, interaction, visual, etc.) or a related field or equivalent practical experience or work experience crafting and building spectacular UI design
- Solid experience in user-centered design for complex and responsive, enterprise-scale, user interfaces
- Keen understanding of visual design, information architecture, and interaction design principles
- Knowledge of industry-standard design and prototyping tools, primarily Figma and Adobe
- Easy flexibility to shifting priorities and tasks
- Firm grasp on front-end technologies and standards: HTML5, CSS3, JSON, 508 Accessibility, ADA compliance, etc. Knowledge of networking standards and protocols is a bonus
- An empathetic, user-centered mindset
F5 is an equal opportunity employer.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. F5 offers a variety of reasonable accommodations for candidates. Requesting an accommodation is completely voluntary. F5 will assess the need for accommodations in the application process separately from those that may be needed to perform the job. Request by contacting email@example.com.