Network Support Engineer, Auckland
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Network Support Engineer
F5 Networks New Zealand
Auckland CBD, Auckland
Engineering - Network (Information & Communication Technology)
The Network Support Engineer (NSE) is a seasoned and experienced Enterprise Support professional. NSE provides remote technical assistance on F5 solutions to internal and external customers and F5 partners. NSE handle multiple active cases of diverse scope where analysis of customer network environments and customer specific data requires a review of identifiable factors to arrive at a conclusion which can work around, restore, or resolve the customer’s problem.
NSE exercise solid judgment within an ISO certified Quality Management and take appropriate action in line with policies. NSE aim towards high customer satisfaction.
NSE are proficient with several troubleshooting tools and equipment to assist in resolutions of cases. They network with senior internal and external personnel and build strong working relationships internally, with their peers, Escalation Engineers, and Managers, or related F5 departments as well as externally with customers and partners. NSE communicates with our customers via phone, email and/or zoom, accepting ownership of issues till resolution.
What You’ll Do:
- Demonstrates good judgement to select the best methods and techniques to provide a diverse scope of technical support to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues on F5 product and services, based on data analysis of a complex set of customer specific factors.
- Proactively and effectively communicates status, plan-of-action, and resolution of issues based on an ISO Quality Management System defined set of procedures.
- Provides F5 customers and partners with a consistently high-quality support experience and manages multiple routine cases and prioritizes based upon customer and business needs.
- Participates in on-going training with F5 products and related technologies.
- Maintains high schedule adherence (work hours and on-phone time)
- Effectively manages case escalations (Engineering Services) while maintaining customer communication, with limited assistance/mentoring from senior support personnel or management.
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and promptly reporting violations of the code or other company policies.
- Performs additional projects as required.
- There will be a requirement to work certain NZ specific public holidays – Staff is compensated with time and a half and a day in lieu.
What You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years’ experience in a professional technical support role or equivalent experience, working with relevant technologies.
- Excellent customer service skills together with experience supporting corporate customers and service providers in production environments.
- Key areas of knowledge – Protocols, Linux & Networking.
- Hands-on technical experience preferred with internetworking/data center operations including WAN operations (e.g. DNS, Open SSL, Cryptography, virtualization, etc), Network Protocols, TCP/IP, OSI Model, UNIX or Linux (e.g. Redhat) operating systems, VMware or equivalent hypervisors and network hardware preferred. Network Security (e.g. Web Application Security, AAA, VPN, DDoS, Malware, Application Firewalls, etc)
- Experience working with public clouds like Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and possess knowledge in containerization technologies such as Dockers, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with a major Customer Relationship Management system such as Salesforce or Zendesk.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology. Multiple language skills a plus.
What You’ll Get:
- Competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, and cool perks
- Hybrid working mode.
- Comprehensive training programs
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Full employee health insurance, other discounted insurance options
- Recognitions and Rewards
- Employee Assistance Program
Apply if you believe your own unique capabilities can contribute to the success of this role and our organization!
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. F5 offers a variety of reasonable accommodations for candidates. Requesting an accommodation is completely voluntary. F5 will assess the need for accommodations in the application process separately from those that may be needed to perform the job. Request by contacting email@example.com.