Mgr, Global Support
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
A F5 Global Support Manager (GSM) is a key member of the Support Services Leadership team, reporting to a Service Delivery Director, who manages a highly technical team of product support specialists, including but not limited to Technical Support Coordinators (TSC) and/or Network Support Engineers (NSE), at all levels of seniority. GSMs share the responsibilities of managing a regional Network Support Center (NSC), with responsibility for both regional performance and global consistency. The GSM’s primary responsibilities include providing direction to team members, managing customer interactions, maintaining high customer satisfaction ratings of their team and the support center, managing F5 Support Service’s Top Quality Objectives and contributing to process improvements. Working in a highly-collaborative environment, Global Support managers effectively lead support employees including TSCs and NSEs locally and remotely; effectively communicate daily priorities to other support center managers and manage customer expectations in line with F5 policies and our Quality Management System. As a key contact for support escalations from customers, sales and partners organizations, the GSM interacts with internal and external F5 customers on high profile and critical business impacting events; managing resources, providing appropriate executive/team updates and ensuring global coverage are essential skills for success.
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
- Management duties include the supervision of exempt and/or nonexempt level staff. This includes but is not limited to, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance improvement plans, taking disciplinary action, and interviewing candidates for open positions.
- Manage customer/partner interaction by coordinating communication internally and externally and directing issues to resolution. Participate as part of a global and regional Duty Management rota requiring phone coverage and monitoring of the Duty Management email alias. Duty Management is a core escalation function requiring support managers to take accountability for Service Requests which are escalated to them and to ensure the customer’s concerns are addressed and the Service Request progresses to a successful resolution.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction on all support related interactions by managing the team to the processes and standards outlined in F5’s Quality Management System.
- Contribute to process and infrastructure improvement. Actively participate in regional and global Support Services leadership teams
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- As required, participate as a Regional Sales – Support Liaison assigned to a specific theater region.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proven track record of managing and developing employees
- Ability to work in a dynamic, matrix-managed environment across local and remote offices
- Knowledge of common support center metrics and ability to manage teams to key performance indicators
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Experience with case management ticketing systems, workforce management programs a plus
- Ability and experience to act as an incident manager for technically and often politically challenging enterprise customer situations related to support and customer’s system availability
- Must be able to relay complex technical issues to a wide range of audience both internal and external to F5.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English (written and oral fluency required).
- Ability to work in a highly-collaborative team environment
- 3 years minimum management experience in a customer service role.
- BA/BS or equivalent degree in different theaters or relevant business/industry experience
- Experience in a technical support role a plus
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. F5 offers a variety of reasonable accommodations for candidates. Requesting an accommodation is completely voluntary. F5 will assess the need for accommodations in the application process separately from those that may be needed to perform the job. Request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.