Enterprise Network Engineer
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Powering and protecting applications
We empower our customers-the world’s largest enterprises, service providers, financial and educational institutions, government entities, and consumer brands-to create, secure, and operate applications that deliver extraordinary digital experiences.
Overview of EMEA Enterprise Network Engineer role
The Enterprise Network Engineer position is the most senior technical support role within F5 Global Services.
Do you enjoy complex problem-solving with leading edge technology? Do you want to influence product direction/features? Are you a mentor/coach to others developing their technical skills? Are you inspired by helping organisations across the globe?
If so, we have just the opportunity for you. Join our team of Engineers as we accelerate our efforts to power and protect applications of every description and across every conceivable environment.
So, if you’ve got a curiosity to learn new technologies, a passion for troubleshooting and a desire to work with innovative technology solutions, we'd love to hear from you.
Working as one of our team opens lots of career development opportunities and unlocks a multitude of domains to specialise in.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Providing Tier-3 technical support to resolve software and hardware issues related to F5 products.
- Have the autonomy to resolve technical issues of any complexity.
- Planning and prioritising time and customer issues based on issue severity and business needs.
- Developing innovative debug/repro tools and solutions to problems and proving them out in a lab environment.
- Building strong working relationships with peers, partnering with engineers, managers, and related F5 departments.
- Working with Product Development and Product Management to help ensure products are developed in ways that enable our customers businesses with minimal friction.
- Participating in a knowledge centric support environment via article/documentation creation, training, and mentoring Tier 2 engineers.
- Continuing your own professional development through identifying and participating in ongoing training on our products and related technologies.
The following experience and skills will help you succeed as an Enterprise Network Engineer at F5:
- Deep conceptual knowledge of the architecture of software and networking protocols; understanding why things are designed the way they are.
- Subject matter technical knowledge of and experience troubleshooting Linux / UNIX and entire OSI model (TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, etc)
- Detailed protocol analysis using tools such as tcpdump, TShark, or Wireshark.
- Ability to reproduce issues using appropriate tools (eg. Socat, Scapy, tcpreplay, netcat).
- Comfortable with the layers of abstraction present in virtualization, encapsulation, and clustered computing environments.
- Good analytical problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Customer support experience with enterprise-level corporate customers in production environments.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills, both oral and written. Happy to articulate deeply complex technical topics to customers, peers, and non-technical personnel in an understandable manner.
- Ability to defuse complicated technical and sensitive situations with enterprise customers.
The following skills are nice to have but if you don’t have them, F5 will be happy to help you learn those in time:
- Experience with F5 technologies
- Understanding of a Telco environment – LTE/mobile core
- Good background in programming or scripting languages such as Bash / shell, Python, C, Perl, etc
- Experience of Network Security (e.g., Web Application Security, AAA, VPN, DDoS, Malware, Application Firewalls, etc.).
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and these are subject to change.
Don’t hold back from applying if your experience isn’t an exact match for the role. You can likely do more than you think, and we’d love to explore how and where you can fit in.
The freedom to thrive
F5ers choose what works best for them - working from home, working from our offices or mixture of the two. These working arrangements may vary depending on local statutory guidelines.
We also understand that your life is about more than just work, so we’re committed to a culture that supports you as an individual. F5 offers work/life integration programs like Freedom to Flex, dynamic employee inclusion groups, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition assistance for professional development, a comprehensive mentoring program, rewards/recognition, and so much more.
We’d love to hear from you!
Like the sound of life at F5? Get in touch - apply!
Watch this video from our CEO to learn more.
Additional details on our culture can be found here:
A force for social good
The F5 Global Good program, which includes grants from the F5 Foundation, expands the culture of making a difference in three focus areas:
- Community: Supporting charitable causes that our employees feel most passionately about, especially those in the communities where we live and work.
- STEM education: Enabling girls, women, and underrepresented groups to develop STEM skills by connecting them to global educational and employment opportunities.
- Tech for Good: Assisting non-profit organisations with their digital transformation efforts, so they can do even more to help those they serve.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. F5 offers a variety of reasonable accommodations for candidates. Requesting an accommodation is completely voluntary. F5 will assess the need for accommodations in the application process separately from those that may be needed to perform the job. Request by contacting email@example.com.