At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
About the Company:
F5 technologies are at the heart of modern applications that are enabling digital transformation across the globe. We give the world’s largest businesses, service providers, governments, and consumer brands the ability to securely deliver every app, anywhere—with confidence. We do this by working collaboratively in an innovative environment, helping each other succeed. We take great pride in being trusted advisers to our customers, offering the best solutions for their interests. If our mission and culture excite you, we would love to talk to you!
The SE Job Overview:
The Solutions Engineer (SE) is a sales and technical role with focus on customer/partners and is part of the sales organization. The SE’s primary responsibility is to support the sales team with technical skills and provide technical knowledge around F5 solutions to our customers. To be effective, an SE needs to have excellent technical skills and knowledge on both F5 products and the “eco-system” that we work in. Fear not, we do provide training and certification to keep abreast with these critical skills!
The high-level objective is to achieve the allocated sales target and selling relevant F5 solutions and products to our customers business needs, in partnership with the Sales Account Managers’ team. From our customer(s) perspective, the SE is a trusted advisor who proactively learns and understands their technical and business challenges and can propose effective solutions to mitigate their concerns/offer gainful solutions. The F5 SE not only presents the technical features but also business benefits in the Technical Value Proposition.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Articulate the F5 product strategy, messaging and positioning F5’s value proposition and solutions for customer business objectives.
- Provide technical expertise through sales presentations, solution designs, solution demonstrations, proof of concepts by various mediums – in-person/virtual presentations, white boards etc.
- Determine viability of opportunity and map out organizational structure.
- Drive the sales process in partnership with the Account Managers’ team, by identifying the Technical Decision Maker, getting their technical validation, support, and sponsorship.
- Consistently provide world-class customer service through the customer life cycle.
- Work collaboratively with internal technical and sales resources, share best practices, updates, offer and seek expertise as the need arises in various opportunities.
How you’ll do it:
- By your knowledge and experience with Data Centers, Virtualization and Cloud computing environments,
- Experience with Service Provider’s Mobile network architectures and protocols, especially mobile network architectures and protocols defined by 3GPP.
- Knowledge on Service Providers’ IP/MPLS network infrastructures as well as SDWAN technologies
- You will have worked with DevOps, CI/CD, and SCM tools, as well as container orchestration solutions (eg: Kubernetes, Openshift etc).
- Experience in the RFx process
- Knowledge of Network and Application Security L3 – L7 security is knowledge is a requirement
What you’ll bring:
- 8 + years of related industry experience.
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity/experience with F5 technology or similar industry solution deployment a plus.
- Relevant certifications a plus.
- Fluent verbal and writing skills in English.
What you’ll get:
- The role will require customer meetings for at least 50% of time, which could be remote/virtual or face to face meetings whenever possible.
- This is a self-driven role, so career growth and development is available at every stage of your career.
- This role reports to the Solutions Engineering Manager of the area and is primarily based out of Central and Eastern Europe with flexibility to work remotely as well.
- Competitive pay, family friendly benefits, and cool perks
- Tuition assistance for professional development
- Culture of giving back, strong diversity and inclusion interest groups
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. F5 offers a variety of reasonable accommodations for candidates. Requesting an accommodation is completely voluntary. F5 will assess the need for accommodations in the application process separately from those that may be needed to perform the job. Request by contacting email@example.com.