F5 BIG-IP & NGINX Consultant
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Are valued and empowered. They are collaborative and innovative in their approach, and passionate about their work. They are reliable, credible, and have a high level of integrity. They value diversity and are committed to a global approach.
About The F5 – BIG-IP and NGINX Consultant Team
The F5 Consultant is a client-facing engineer working collaboratively with clients, guiding them on the use of F5 BIG-IP and NGINX solutions in order to meet business objectives or overcome problems. They are leaders with vision who provide tactical mentorship regarding architecture, implementation, and configuration of the core F5 BIG-IP and NGINX products.
The F5 BIG-IP/ NGINX Consultant is an innovative engineer working in partnership with our clients, teaching them how to use NGINX solutions to meet their business objectives. They will provide strategic mentorship and domain expertise to customers with regard to the implementation of our products. They understand and articulate goals and critical success factors for the project and engage in collaborative dialogue to ensure client needs are met. We are seeking a highly skilled BIG-IP consultant who will be eager to learn and grow skills on our NGINX platform.
- Provides technical mentorship to customers onsite and/or remotely regarding the implementation, configuration, and maintenance of the F5 BIG-IP and NGINX core products independently or with a team.
- Performs as project lead for systems architecture, solution design, deployment, testing, problem identification, troubleshooting, and documentation.
- Maintains working proficiency in F5 products and technologies through self-directed and formal training.
- Engages with multiple F5 teams including F5 Support, F5 Product Sales, and F5 Professional Services Sales.
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve processes, tools, documentation, and skills.
- Continuously collaborate with your colleagues.
- Study hard to acquire and maintain required Certifications
- Most meaningfully keep our customers satisfied through demonstrating strong technical knowledge and appropriate communication.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of substantial experience, with a focus on architecture and design of network or systems infrastructure, performance, and management
- Proven understanding of technologies such as firewalling, application availability and security, web gateways, authentication/authorization, encryption, VPN’s, and network architecture.
- Proven ability to articulate and transfer sophisticated ideas to a wide audience through both verbal and written communication.
- Self-motivated and adaptable to changing environments.
- Proven strong written communication, presentation writing, project prioritizing, and user documentation skills.
- Experience leading multiple concurrent network and security projects.
- Israeli Government security clearance
- Hebrew and English are a must. Additional European languages are extremely useful.
- Highly valued: Certifications such as K8S, Azure, AWS, GCP, and RH and F5 certifications
- Operational knowledge of Linux and UNIX and Windows variants.
- Firm grasp of cryptographic concepts and implementations (OpenSSL, DNSSEC, SSL, PKI, Certificate Authorities, and Secret Management.
- Functional Knowledge of AAA-related technologies: Identity Providers such as Active Directory (AD), LDAP, NTLM, Kerberos, SAML, RADIUS, DIAMETER, and TACACS, OpenID Connect, JWT Authentication, Okta.
- Experience with BIND, SSH daemons and clients, tcpdump, snoop, ethereal/Wireshark, and other packet sniffing software or products.
- Solid grasp of IIS, Apache, WebSphere, WebLogic, Oracle, or similar web and application platforms.
- Experience on F5 BIG-IP LTM, GTM, AFM, APM, ASM/AWAF, etc
- Highly valued: Operational experience with NGINX Plus and/or NGINX Open Source. The successful candidate is expected to get up to speed in this area relatively fast. Goes without saying that you are not alone with this but we will train you and you’ll be mentored. It’s a team effort.
- Highly valued: Operational know-how with containerization and container management (Docker, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, Docker Swarm) in both on-premise and cloud-based environments (Google Cloud/GKE, MS Azure, AWS)
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 75 % of the time spent traveling, and may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working (under locale Covid19 guidelines).
- The job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Work hours will correspond to our customers schedule, so the role may require work outside of core business hours, including early mornings, late evenings, overnight, weekends and/or public holidays.
- We will expect you to be flexible. You must be prepared to work different shifts e.g., 10am-6pm or 8am-4pm local time, or again to cover weekends (Saturday and Sunday). Occasionally, international travel may be required (e.g., annual team meeting)
- Hebrew, English
- Location – Israel
- Israeli Government security clearance
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. F5 offers a variety of reasonable accommodations for candidates. Requesting an accommodation is completely voluntary. F5 will assess the need for accommodations in the application process separately from those that may be needed to perform the job. Request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.