Senior Compensation Analyst
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Life at F5 is never dull. We are constantly identifying industry trends and disruptions, then innovating to get ahead of future customer needs—creating application services that help the world’s leading organizations deliver their critical business apps faster and with the highest levels of flexibility, security, performance, and support.
If you are a strategic thinker, passionate about compensation, and thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment, we encourage you to apply. Join us and be a key contributor to our mission of bringing a better digital world to life.
Position Summary: The Sr Compensation Analyst is responsible for design, analysis, and administration of F5’s global compensation programs. Provide compensation analytical and consultation services to assigned client groups within F5. The Sr Compensation Analyst works directly with the Compensation Team, HR Business Partners, Finance, Legal, Recruiters and Management to achieve reward system objectives and provide hands-on assistance related to all areas of compensation analysis. Ensure F5’s total compensation programs and practices remain competitive and strategically aligned to the business.
- Preparation and execution of global compensation program administration including annual salary adjustment process, incentive programs, salary surveys, equity programs and competitive market positioning.
- Review job descriptions and partner with HR team to determine appropriate market match, classification, salary range, and job level.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, providing guidance on compensation policies and practices.
- Ensure effective communication and training of the company's compensation programs and practices to HR, Recruiting, management, employees & candidates globally.
- Participate in global salary surveys and benchmarking activities such as pay practices and trends.
- Evaluate and recommend adjustments to compensation structures to attract and retain top talent.
- Partner with HRIS on system design, development, upgrades, and testing related to the compensation processes.
- Drive process improvement and innovation.
- Support Recruiting on new hire offer packages.
- Develop annual salary adjustment budget recommendations in partnership with finance.
- Partner with legal equity team and leaders for annual RSU planning.
- Partner with compensation team and the legal equity team to design, model, and manage F5s RSUs plan throughout the year.
- Collaborate and drive pay equity and pay transparency globally.
- Ensure compliance with local/federal and global compensation requirements and statutes.
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Support executive compensation for job offers and materials for the F5 Talent and Compensation Committee.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of key HR processes from a systems and database perspective: employee data management and global compensation management
- Global compensation experience in a high-tech environment.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel - experience with pivot tables, formulas
- Team-based contributor with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Experience with Workday, or web-based Human Resources software systems.
- Proactive team member with strong customer service orientation, excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills with strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage an end-to-end process.
- Strong working knowledge of current compensation/employment laws.
- Ability to handle confidential employee information with discretion and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to present effectively to all levels of employees and management.
- Excellence in critical thinking, analytical, and consultation skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 8+ years related compensation experience designing, administering, and implementing global compensation programs
- Prior experience with large HRIS (e.g., Workday, SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, or SaaS product)
- CCP or GRP preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 10% of the time spent traveling.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $119,840.00 - $179,760.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. F5 offers a variety of reasonable accommodations for candidates. Requesting an accommodation is completely voluntary. F5 will assess the need for accommodations in the application process separately from those that may be needed to perform the job. Request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.