At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
bout our Job Postings:
When applying for any of the roles in F5, please note, our ideal candidate is not necessarily someone who meets all the posted requirements. In fact, this is just a representative of how we know the job has been done in the past. We would love to talk to you even if you don’t check all the boxes here, but believe you bring your own unique capabilities that can be utilized to ensure the success of the role and the organization.
The SE Job Overview:
The Solutions Engineer (SE) is a sales and technical role with focus on customer/partners and is part of the sales organization. The SE’s primary responsibility is to support the sales team with technical skills and provide technical knowledge around F5 solutions to our customers. To be effective, an SE needs to have excellent technical skills and knowledge on both F5 products and the “eco-system” that we work in. Fear not, we do provide training and certification to keep abreast with these critical skills!
The high-level objective is to achieve the allocated sales target and selling relevant F5 solutions and products to our customers business needs, in partnership with the Sales Account Manager. From our customer(s) perspective, the SE is a trusted adviser who proactively learns and understands their technical and business challenges and is able to propose effective solutions to mitigate their concerns/offer gainful solutions. The F5 SE not only presents the technical features but also business benefits in the Technical Value Proposition.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Articulate the F5 product strategy and positioning F5’s value proposition and solutions for customer business objectives
- Provide technical expertise through sales presentations, solution designs, solution demonstrations, proof of concepts by various mediums – in-person/virtual presentations, white boards etc
- Determine viability of opportunity and map out organizational structure
- Drive the sales process in partnership with the Account Manager, by identifying the Technical Decision Maker, getting their technical validation, support, and sponsorship
- Consistently provide world-class customer service through the customer life cycle
- Work collaboratively with internal technical and sales resources, share best practices, updates, offer and seek expertise as the need arises in various opportunities
- Understand key customer requirements and provide business justification for Product and Engineering teams for future product enhancement
- Identify areas for improvement and make recommendations to relevant internal teams
How you’ll do it:
- Understand the customer pain, business objectives, goals, and requirements in order to design an appropriate solution
- Deliver effective presentations and demos (in person or via remote session) which illustrate the value of F5 solutions to audiences of various size, technical knowledge, and sophistication level
- Provide compelling reasons and evidence demonstrating why the F5 solution is the best solution on the market and can deliver positive business outcomes for the customer
- Work closely with Sales executives, Product Management, Support, Professional Services, Engineering, Marketing and Executive Management to secure successful deal closures and to meet revenue goals
What you’ll bring:
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing, and troubleshooting Web and Mobile App security solutions to organizations of various size and technical sophistication
- Experience dealing with Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) threats and mitigations
- Experience working with Web Application Firewalls (WAF), Load Balancers, Web Proxies, and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Experience investigating and mitigating Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks
- Experience detecting and mitigating synthetic bot traffic
- Ability to understand customer pain, and present F5’s ability to mitigate this pain and provide value to the organization
- Ability to deliver effective demonstrations of security solutions
- Ability to effectively manage multiple Proof of Concepts (POCs) simultaneously, while adhering to project timelines and also providing a world class customer experience
- Positive attitude and willingness to roll-up your sleeves to solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service mentality
- 8+ years of related industry experience
- BS/BA, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with F5 or similar industry solutions is a plus
- Relevant certifications (Security+, CISSP, OSCP, OSWE) is a plus
- Ability to speak multiple languages (e.g. French, Spanish) in a technical business setting is a plus
What you’ll get:
- This role reports to the Director of Solutions Engineering, and is primarily Remote (East or Central time zones preferred), based out of a Home Office (monthly internet and telephone costs are reimbursed).
- Hands-on experience working in a dynamic environment, solving real world security problems for the world’s largest enterprises
- Hands-on experience working with best of breed security solutions from F5 as well as other vendor solutions
- Experience working with and protecting the world’s largest Banks, Retailers, Service Providers, Social Networks, and Government Agencies from attacks, fraud, bots, disinformation, and other threats
- Ability to influence the F5 road map and company strategy by bringing the voice of the customer to management
- Ability to advance personal development by researching new threats, building new solutions/integrations, testing in labs, etc.
- Competitive pay, family friendly benefits, and cool perks
- Tuition assistance for professional development
- Culture of giving back, strong diversity and inclusion interest groups
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $116,608.00 - $174,912.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. F5 offers a variety of reasonable accommodations for candidates. Requesting an accommodation is completely voluntary. F5 will assess the need for accommodations in the application process separately from those that may be needed to perform the job. Request by contacting email@example.com.