At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Join F5 to work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most compelling missions in the industry!
Are you an innovative engineer who enjoys working with clients, understanding how to make technology solutions meet operational objectives, and overcoming technical problems?
This is an opportunity for you to discover new technologies in various production environments. You will provide value and success to our customers in implementing and configuring our products, our cloud technologies, automation strategies and security solutions with responsiveness and efficiency.
The team consists of like-minded individuals supporting each other thru collaboration, mutual mentorship, and appetite for knowledge sharing. Our organization provides remote services to customers, covering the entire F5 product portfolio over a variety of environments, including private and public clouds, and enterprise data centers. Although highly appreciated, prior experience with F5 technologies is not mandatory.
You will be expected to perform as an independent self-starter, to work under limited instructions and to identify your own requirements to improve efficiency in successfully completing your assignments. You should be capable of building strong internal and external contacts within a team environment and able to demonstrate communication skills, analytical thinking, along with attention to detail and quality.
You will get exposure to our global customers; as such, reading, writing, and speaking English fluently is required, especially the ability to articulate technical concepts and terminology to different audiences with varying knowledge levels.
As a member of our global Consulting team, you will have access to industry-leading training facilities, hands-on labs and an interface into a wealth of information through our Domain Specialist groups. If there’s a required technology where you had limited exposure to, or simply want a more detailed understanding of, we have the resources to provide the knowledge!
What will you do?
- Deliver remote technical services for customers.
- Be a trusted advisor providing technical expertise, focusing on the implementation, configuration and maintenance of our product portfolio.
- Optimally cooperate with all relevant extended team members in the global Consulting organization.
- Maintain a level of proficiency with our products and technologies through ongoing and formal training.
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve processes, tools, documentation, and skills.
- Continuously collaborate with your colleagues.
- Study hard to acquire and maintain required Certifications
- Most meaningfully keep our customers satisfied through demonstrating strong technical knowledge and appropriate communication.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Application delivery controlling / load balancing exposure
- Linux system administrator capabilities, including package and dependency installations; log interpretation and evaluation; IP security / firewalling.
- Linux CLI network and application troubleshooting tools, such as ping, tcpdump, ssldump, dig, curl, nmap and openssl
- PKI, and SSL/TLS behavior
- IPv4 and IPv6 NAT, dynamic and static routing, firewalling
- IP services and protocols, such as ICMP, DNS, HTTP
Although not required, having some knowledge and experience on the following would be an advantage:
- Linux scripting in Bash and Perl.
- OSI model (layers 1 through 7)
- Coding in HTML, Python, PHP or similar languages.
- Linux containers and controller environments, such as Docker, LXC and Kubernetes
- Orchestration and automation technologies such as AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, Ansible, Puppet and Chef
- AWS and Azure Cloud environments
- WAF principles / “OWASP Top 10”
- NGINX, F5 BIG-IP LTM, GTM, AFM, APM, ASM/AWAF, etc.
How do you qualify?
- Showcase a minimum of 2 years of validated experience in a support, call center environment or similar work experience as a field Engineer
- Hold a BA/BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Your duties will be performed in a normal office environment, while sitting at a desk or computer table. You will be using a computer, communicating in audio or video calls via headset, and reading printed or on-screen material daily.
- Work hours will correspond to our customers schedule, so the role may require work outside of core business hours, including early mornings, late evenings, overnight, weekends and/or public holidays.
- We will expect you to be flexible. You must be prepared to work different shifts e.g., 10am-6pm or 8am-4pm local time, or again to cover weekends (Saturday and Sunday). Occasionally, international travel may be required (e.g., annual team meeting)
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. F5 offers a variety of reasonable accommodations for candidates. Requesting an accommodation is completely voluntary. F5 will assess the need for accommodations in the application process separately from those that may be needed to perform the job. Request by contacting email@example.com.