At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
As a Revenue Accountant with F5, you will work in a collaborative team environment with opportunities to mentor and develop staff. You will work closely with various departments to evaluate revenue recognition requirements and ensure appropriate recording of revenue under ASC 606. This role is encouraged to contribute to process improvement ideas and may be involved in the deployment of new processes related to evolving business requirements, along with the application of technical accounting skills as it relates to revenue recognition. Requires a quick learner, must be highly detail-oriented, self-motivated, and willing to work in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment.
Daily Tasks May Include
- Review revenue transactions resolve discrepancies and work with management to develop processes, procedures, and controls necessary to book transactions appropriately
- Work with foreign subsidiaries as it pertains to revenue related matters, respond to various requests in a timely manner
- Provide guidance on appropriate accounting for transactions affecting revenue to management, sales, and other stakeholders
- Evaluation of customer contracts to identify potential revenue recognition impacts and working with stakeholders to mitigate risk
Monthly/Quarterly Functional Revenue Accounting Tasks
- Prepare standard and complex journal entries
- Reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts and create monthly reports. Participate in the accounting close process, which includes preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements, related analysis, and ad hoc reporting for management
- Perform analytics on revenue and related balances
- Pull data and respond to auditor request
- Participates in the continual improvement of processes, methods, and standards
- Assist in the development and documentation of process and procedures supporting the implementation and post-deployment activities associated with our new revenue recognition platform
- Participate in new offering rollouts, including user acceptance testing and monitoring post-go-live
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
- Provides direction and oversight to staff and interns
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Solid understanding of accounting processes and principles surrounding revenue recognition
- Successful candidates must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple responsibilities and be eager to take on new, challenging tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience evaluating account balances and trends analytically.
- Ability to work with close attention to detail and recognize the impact on the financial statements
- Possess strong research skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to utilize sound judgment and solve problems independently, knowing when to bring situations to the attention of management
- Be highly organized
- Ability to work collaboratively within the team environment, including mentoring and providing guidance to staff and interns
- Have a customer service mentality and strong teamwork skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn new systems and procedures quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent PC skills in all areas of MS Office, including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, and Word
- 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- High-tech experience also a strong plus
- CPA or CPA Candidate preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $62,526.00 - $93,790.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity