Infrastructure Support Engineer I
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
In this role, you will work closely with experienced engineers in a fast-paced environment!
You will be responsible for supporting and handling infrastructure related issues for our cloud-based platform. This role provides real-time incident management of infrastructure alerts and verifying deployments for our customers.
You will have the opportunity to engage with customers and other internal teams to ensure optimal network performance and uptime. An effective engineer will be passionate about networking, delivering efficient and outstanding service during critical network related events.
**This opportunity is located in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Attractions of the Job:
Do you enjoy collaboration and teamwork? You'll get the change to establish a partnership with the some of the best engineers and security analysts in the industry. Using industry leading security products, the security analysts defend against real-time attacks, analyze industry trends, and develop defenses against a multitude of threats and vulnerabilities. The NOC Engineering team works in tandem with this team to ensure that new and existing network requirements are met.
- Take proactive and reactive steps to ensure network uptime for F5 clients.
- Engage directly with our clients who need additional assistance in configuration and troubleshooting.
- Provide real-time guidance to customers on network configurations.
- Document actions taken in incident management systems, knowledge base, or ticketing systems as required
- Earn trusted advisor status internally and externally.
- May take a technical leadership role during network incidents.
- Collaborate with and support multi-functional teams.
- Identify and work with senior engineers on process and procedure improvements.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior engineers.
- Should act as the informal or technical lead on a shift (depending on scheduling/resources).
- Ensures documented processes and procedures are kept up to date.
- Align with F5’s information security policies and protect information assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference.
- Responsible for promptly reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to F5.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working with Customer Support and Service Management portals, including provisioning, reporting, and configuration.
- Possesses a solid ability to diagnose server or network alerts, events or issues.
- Ability to gather, interpret and explain log files from a variety of sources.
- Experience providing operational reviews to customers, including historical trends, data analysis, and product or industry updates.
- Understanding of common information architecture frameworks.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery plans and related technologies.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills; an ability to prioritize multiple concurrent tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Experience supporting and deploying network infrastructures.
- Experience supporting corporate customers in production environments.
- Must be able to relay technical information to customers with different levels of technical competence.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical thinker with solid attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting/problem-solving ability; ability to create efficient solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to review the work of others critically and provide constructive feedback.
- Experience with F5 hardware, software, and utilities like iRules, iApps, and iControl. a plus
- 0-2+ years’ experience in Network Engineering
- Prior SOC or NOC experience
- Solid background in customer service and incident management
- Ability to excel in a face paced, challenging, operations environment
- Computer Science and/or graduate degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to communicate technical and operational details fluently in English (written and oral). Multi-lingual a plus.
Physical Demands And Work Environment:
- Duties are performed in an Operations Center environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Working in an environment where work hours are scheduled shifts in a full-time position.
- This role may require work outside of core business hours including early morning, late evening, overnight, weekends, and holidays.
- May be required to travel (5%), including possible international travel.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity