At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
This position manages the activities of systems development, applications development, and quality assurance functions for BIG-IP Next Access Policy Manager (APM) product. APM is a key security offering in BIG-IP and is a revenue bringing product. Key responsibilities are to develop and manage people, hiring for open positions, provide technical leadership, lead project planning, facilitate communication, product delivery, and offer product vision! Coordinates project timelines with program, product and development managers, determines and obtains resources, assigns work, monitors progress and results. Works with architects, and tech leads on design, implementation discussions, trouble shooting and improve product development.
- Manage a team of hardworking Software Engineers building solutions for BIG-IP Next APM.
- Sourcing, interviewing, hiring and mentor Software Engineers at different level of experience.
- Lead, based on your experience, in architecture, code and testing patterns.
- Lead and execute against project plans and deliver commitments within a professional, dynamic Agile engineering environment.
- Evaluate and review new technologies on their applicability to product architecture and design.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience and passion for taking a leading role in building complex software systems, delivered successfully to customers.
- Hands-on experience in cloud technology and deployments.
- Expertise in security, especially SAML/OAuth/LDAP/SSL/TLS/IAM/SSO, and network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP).
- Knowledge and expertise in software engineering methodologies and practices for full software development process, including coding standards, code reviews, build process, CI/CD, testing, and operations.
- Working experience in Agile software development methodology.
- Demonstrated ability in mentoring and developing people.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in all written communications.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other technical degree; or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years software development experience.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $166,056.00 - $249,084.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity