Site Relability Engineering Intern (San Jose)
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Are you passionate about engineering? Would you like a chance to apply what you have learned on a professional project? Interns at F5 work in collaboration with engineers who are eager to share knowledge as you contribute to the team.
This is a technical internship position designed to provide qualified students an opportunity to learn valuable knowledge in a hands-on manner. You’ll collaborate with leading engineers to undertake a challenging project that will provide the opportunity for you to learn about new technologies, develop or enhance your skills, and make a significant contribution to F5.
- Assist in running and supporting automation systems.
- Contribute to building cloud-based and on-prem automation components under guidance.
- Gain exposure to cloud architecture concepts.
- Participate in implementing basic cloud orchestration solutions.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives using basic automation techniques.
- Learn and apply automation for reducing manual tasks.
- Assist in monitoring and updating data systems under supervision.
- Learn about capacity planning for data systems.
- Collaborate with other teams for understanding end-to-end solutions.
- Participate in team meetings and contribute to discussions.
- A current student enrolled in a technical discipline at a university or college pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in the US. Preferred majors are Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied and Computational Math Sciences or related disciplines.
- Approaching their Junior year (if pursuing a Bachelors) or beyond at the time of the internship (ie. one summer left before graduation). Exceptional Sophomore or Freshmen may be considered.
- Available for a 12 week internship between May and September of 2024. We are unable to accommodate internships outside of this time frame.
- Experience with at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Bash, or similar.
- Interest in learning about large data pipelines and related tools.
- Familiarity with public cloud platforms: GCP, AWS, or Azure.
- Familiarity with version control tools (e.g., GIT) and CI/CD concepts.
- Interest in learning about infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, Ansible, or Puppet.
- Basic knowledge or coursework related to TCP/IP, HTTP, and basic system administration.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- A Plus: Some coursework or projects related to DevOps, automation, or cloud computing is a plus
- Applications will remain open until end of February 2024.
- Once your application is selected, we have a two-step interview process. First, you'll have a technical coding screen that is usually 30 minutes. Then, a final round interview that typically consists of 3 additional technical interviews that take course over a half day. No interviews on weekends available.
- We expect first round interviews to begin mid-February 2024 with final round interviews happening in early March 2024.
- Recruiting will continue through March and beyond until all positions are filled.
Learn more about our internship program here: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/university-program
The hourly U.S. base pay range for this position is $35.00 - $53.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity