Marketing Business Operations Intern
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
As a Marketing Business Operations intern, you will work with each functional area within marketing to identify how maximize the visibility of processes and workflows to all members of the organization. You will recommend best practices for organizing information across the team to improve transparency and to encourage self-service of information. There are opportunities to put your recommendation into action as well, helping the marketing organization make a step change in its maturity and having a broad impact on the organization. Through this internship you will gain an inside look at customer experience, brand, creative, marketing operations, social media, communications, and go-to-market strategy.
This internship will also uncover and evaluate communication flow through the organization, determining where the group has consistent cross-functional connections, and where we may need to build them. You will develop a visual model depicting the flow of information via meetings, and outline best practices for functional leaders.
F5’s Internship Program offers the unique opportunity to interact 1:1 with executives at Tech Talks focusing on F5, industry, and foundational topics. In addition, you will connect with a network of other interns at social events and mentors within the company.
- Project plans detailing scope, schedule, requirements, and stakeholders
- Collaborate across teams to determine best approach to encourage self-service of information
- Evaluate how AI may best be utilized to increase team efficiency
- Create and communicate a standardized location/repository for process and resource information
- A “Next Steps” guide for how the organization can carry forward their work
- Final presentation sharing the results and findings of your project with the Marketing Leadership team Perform other related duties as assigned
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to organize disparate types of information
- Ability to take project ownership, make data driven decisions, and to arrive at solutions that resonate with key audiences
- Eagerness to lean-in, learn and ask the right questions
- Ability to organize a list of open deliverables, issues, gaps, risks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Must be a current student in the United States pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree. Desired degrees are in Marketing, Business, or a related degree. Those majoring in unrelated degrees but have spent time building related skills are also invited to apply.
- Must be willing to relocate to Seattle, Washington for both internship and subsequent fulltime role upon graduation.
- Approaching their Junior year (if pursuing a Bachelors) or beyond at the time of the internship (ie. one summer left before graduation). Exceptional Sophomore or Freshmen may be considered.
- Available for a 12 week internship between May and September of 2024. We are unable to accommodate internships outside of this time frame.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The hourly U.S. pay range for this position is: $20.00 - $47.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity