Sr. Payroll Specialist
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Life at F5 is never dull! We are constantly identifying industry trends and disruptions, then innovating to get ahead of future customer needs—creating application services that help the world’s leading organizations deliver their critical business apps faster and with the highest levels of flexibility, security, performance, and support.
We are looking for a Sr. Payroll Specialist to join our Seattle office. As a Sr. Payroll Specialist, you will process semi-monthly payroll using ADP Globalview in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local regulations. This includes but not limited to processing, reviewing and validating all changes into the system. Prepare payroll-related journal entries and uploads them to Oracle. Research any payroll issues that arise and provide training to less experienced payroll specialists.
Our Payroll team brings significant value and contribution to our company through overall management for one of the most outstanding and geographically dispersed global payroll operations in the country.
What you’ll bring to us
- Maintain, review and validate all data in the payroll system to Workday
- Process payments, adjustments, special pay, and vacation pay
- Administer ADP Etime and handle employee questions and training
- Review post payroll processing reports to validate payroll for accuracy and completeness
- Ability to answer and research complex payroll related issues with employees, human resources, accounting and legal
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
- Process and calculate pay upon termination in accordance with state law
- Generate reports from HR system (Workday) to validate Salary, Allowance, Manager, Job changes in addition to New Hires and Terminations
- Performs other related duties as assigned
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
What skills you’ll need
- 5+ years’ experience in payroll processing preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting or equivalent education
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially excel
- Account reconciliation and journal entry preparation
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet or exceed deadlines Experience with Oracle preferred
- Experience with ADP Globalview preferred
- Experience with ADP Etime preferred
- Experience with Workday preferred
- High level of confidentiality is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent at problem-solving
- FPC or CPP designation preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material
- Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
- This position will be part of the Payroll team that is located in Seattle
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous paid vacation time, paid holidays and paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401K with company match
- Work/life integration programs like Freedom to Flex, dynamic employee inclusion groups, a comprehensive mentoring program, rewards/recognition, and more
- Quarterly Zoom Out Days to focus on personal and professional growth
- Global Good initiatives like employee matching, volunteer opportunities, and the F5 Foundation
- Tuition assistance for professional development
- Other perks like free transit cards, free vanpools, Social Fridays, etc.
But our success isn’t driven solely by what we do. We also care deeply about how we do it. Our culture is how we live, every single day, and it’s producing excellent results—not only for our customers but also for our employees. We understand that your life is about more than just work, so we’re committed to a culture that supports your whole life.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $63,450.00 - $95,174.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity