FPGA Engineering Intern
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
Are you excited with the challenges of developing high-performance software? Do you want to contribute to a product that helps people worldwide?
F5 is seeking a software engineering intern that is specialized in FPGA programming for our engineering team located in Spokane, Washington. This is an opportunity to both have an impact on a high-profile product while adding to your skills and knowledge with support and mentoring from experienced colleagues!
- Design and implement features for F5 products using Verilog RTL design language
- Implement and maintain features/functionality for F5 products
- Verify designs by developing and executing System Verilog functional test environments
- Document and communicate new designs via modern software industry collaboration and communications tools.
- Collaborate with team members and technical leads.
- Manage creation and execution of system level lab and simulation tests for new product and maintenance releases.
- A current student enrolled in a technical discipline at a four-year institution in the US. Preferred majors are Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied and Computational Math Sciences or related disciplines.
- Must have experience with FPGA programming. Experience can include professional experience, school projects, personal projects and independent study.
- Approaching their Junior year or beyond at the time of the internship (ie. one summer left before graduation). PhD and Masters candidates are also encouraged to apply.
- Available for a 12 week internship between May and September of 2024. We are unable to accommodate internships outside of this time frame.
- If our internship program is in-person (to be determined in March 2024), candidates must relocate to team location in Spokane, Washington. Return offers as a result of satisfactory performance will be for Spokane, Washington.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analytic / trouble-shooting skills, loves to solve problems
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced strong environment
- Outstanding teammate
- Desire to learn about programming FPGAs using Verilog, System Verilog, and HLS..
- Intermediate to strong C/C++, python, Go, Verilog and System Verilog programming skills
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix
- Understanding of FPGAs, IP networking basics a plus
- Strong individual contributor with a positive, collaborative attitude
- A real passion for technology and learning
- Good software design instincts and coding style
- Disciplined coder with a balanced respect for structure, maintainability and extensibility
- Good debugging skills
- Ability to find and evaluate suitable open source tools
- Experience/Interest in: FPGA Design, Xilinx or Intel FPGAs, Digital logic design
- Applications will remain open until end of January 2024. Please submit applications by January 14th, 2024 for priority consideration.
- Once your application is selected we have a two step interview process. First, you'll have a technical screen that is usually 30 minutes. Then, a final round interview that typically consists of 3 additional interviews that take course over a half day. No interviews on weekends available.
- We expect first round interviews to begin in the last week of January 2024 with final round interviews following closely after.
- Recruiting will continue until this position is filled.
The hourly U.S. pay range for this position is: $32.00 - $48.00
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The hourly U.S. pay range for this position is: $32.00 - $48.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity