Sr Engineer, Security Engineering
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
F5 is seeking a Sr Engineer, Security Engineering with experience in building and managing identity solutions at scale. You will participate in the design and implementation of our Edge Computing platform that is used to deploy global, scalable and secure applications!
Your work includes, but not limited to, design, implementation, deployment, operational management, and debugging of security services of the platform. The primary focus is on identity systems and integration with internal and external systems.
- Collaborate with architects and business leaders to understand the requirements for providing identity services for Volterra platform, design solutions, and implement them.
- You will develop software for identity related security foundations of Volterra platform - Identity Management, Key Management, Secure Bootstrapping, Authentication, Authorization, Secrets Management, etc.
- You will vet various open source and closed source technologies, components, libraries, tools etc. and help build a highly available, highly scalable and easily manageable system.
- Demonstrate technical leadership in multiple domain areas, providing mentorship to other team members.
- Demonstrate leadership by taking responsibility and ownership of software components and deliver a complete product satisfying functional, scale, performance and manageability requirements.
- Hands-on coding in multiple languages while considering performance, scalability, maintainability, and flexibility.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 8+ years of software engineering and development experience.
- Deep understanding of PKI, mTLS Authentication and Cryptography.
- Hands on experience with multiple computer programming languages such as Golang (Preferred) , Java, C++.
- Hands on experience with any of the popular Identity systems/brokers - e.g. Keycloak, Dex, Okta, Forgerock, Ping.
- Good understanding of complexities and security challenges in large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute etc.).
- Experience with Virtualization technologies like KVM, Docker etc.
- Experience with Cloud orchestration systems such as Kubernetes, Openstack etc.
- Ability to implement all phases of a development cycle for a software product from understanding requirements, going through design, development and deploy phases.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $159,297.00 - $238,945.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity