IS Security Engineer III
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
In this opportunity, you will collaborate with other exceptionally hard-working engineers and analysts in a constantly expanding, fast-paced environment.
You will have a strong passion for cyber security and its best standards. This will be conveyed through analysis, communications, and organization-wide collaboration.
Since we are a global team, it will require strong communication with team members between the different time zones. You will need to act on real-time security events with little guidance. The candidate for this position is expected to grow into an SME (Subject Matter Expert) in a related job function and be able to train other team members.
What will you do?
- Lead Security Event/Incident response efforts
- Alert creation and triage
- Perform security issue-related casework
- Communicate with stakeholders, including end users, leadership, and legal.
- Document actions taken in SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) knowledge base, ticketing systems, and casework as required.
- Continuous improvements to Security Processes and Runbooks
- Follow F5 information security policies and protect information assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction, or interference.
- Know the latest security trends, news, CVEs
- Perform Threat Model Assessments and Third-Party Security Assessments
- Perform cloud and host forensics
- Participate and/or lead
- Tabletop Exercises
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Experience with SIEM solution
- Solid understanding of UNIX/Linux operating systems and commands
- Basic understanding of networking concepts
- Solid attention to detail
- ServiceNow or a similar ticketing system experience is preferred
- Highly motivated, independently driven, and good interpersonal skills
- Must take initiative and provide updates to various team members and upper management
- Strong in analyzing and solving issues
Additional experience a plus:
- Scripting language: Python
- CEH, GCIH, GCFR certification (other SANS training)
- EDR: CrowdStrike
- Experience in alert triage as it relates to any cloud service provider (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Host forensics (MacOS, Linux, Windows)
- Cloud forensics
- DLP (Data Loss Prevention) casework and tooling
- Supporting FedRamp
- 4+ years' experience in the security field
- Prior Experience working within a SOC (Security Operations Center) or IR (Incident Response) team
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, challenging operations environment
- Must communicate technical and operational details fluently in English (written and oral). Other languages are a plus.
- Permanent Resident and located in U.S.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $108,970.00 - $163,454.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity