Technical Program Manager
At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
The Technical Program Manager (TPM) is an authority with excellent interpersonal skills, strength working cross-functionally, with ability to influence and facilitate resolution of technical issues to deliver world class business solutions. The position requires a unique blend of deep technical/operational savviness with a focus on the big-picture vision. Using strong analytical skills, the TPM will work cross-functionally to onboard product teams across F5 to facilitate successful launch of new services on the F5XC SaaS platform. The TPM will also be responsible for managing large, multi-dimensional and cross-functional program deliverables that span across several product teams within F5. Using strong business analytical and technical skills, the Technical Program Manager will be responsible for tracking program level deliverables/milestones and develop/maintain dashboards to communicate status updates to all stakeholders including business unit leadership.
Lead several technical programs for the F5 Distributed Cloud team by communicating and collaborating on complex technical challenges and resolutions that require cross-functional collaboration across diverse teams, partners and geographies.
- Document, maintain and optimize process flows to ensure consistency in practices and execution throughout F5 Distributed Cloud. Responsible for handling the documentation, resolution, and disclosure of reported process vulnerabilities to improve new service/feature onboarding onto the F5XC SaaS platform.
- Negotiate challenging priorities and navigate complex organizational dynamics to establish delivery plans, and schedules that are in alignment with the objectives of the organization and the company.
- Track cross-functional deliverables across organizations and engineering teams to solve business/technical problems and deliver compelling solutions.
- Bring the product vision and the technical build together – become the glue between functional teams.
- Develop strong relationships to engage, align, and empower teams to deliver new products and services on the platform.
- Maintain and continue to develop a broad knowledge of business & technology expertise – while understanding the interconnections between the people, the processes, and the technology solutions.
- Bring an outstanding blend of business and technical credibility to engage with cross functional teams.
- Develop, report, and continually improve performance metrics.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet delivery schedules.
- Create and manage dashboards to regularly communicate the program status and key issues to management and across stakeholder organizations.
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3-5 year’s experience managing technical, complex initiatives & projects from initiation to completion for a SaaS/PaaS based Product Development organization.
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and Release Management process combined with broad technical understanding of Distributed Cloud technologies as well as SaaS delivery models, is a key requirement for this role.
- Proven ability to bridge the gap between Product, Engineering, and Architecture groups to facilitate launch of new features and services on a SaaS platform.
- Experience working with Software Tools like GitLab, Aha, Tableau, SmartSheets is a “must-have” requirement for this position.
- Lead "program/feature" dependencies across multiple teams, scrum teams, functions, divisions, and partners.
- Anticipate and remove obstacles with a sense of urgency that slow down or prevent project teams from delivering on project goals.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships to engage, align, and motivate people to deliver.
- Ability to execute and manage performance and expectations within a cross-functional, matrixed management environment.
- Experience overcoming the difficulties of managing projects with remote and global team members.
- Team player with a strong work ethic and a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to quickly master technical concepts.
- Strong project and program management skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field.
- Solid understanding of Distributed Cloud technologies as well as SaaS delivery models.
- 3+ years’ experience in Technical Program and/or project management.
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle and Release Management in a fast-moving Cloud Computing/SaaS delivery environment.
- Experience working with tools such as GitLab, Aha, Smartsheet and Tableau for creating dashboards to present multi-dimensional data inferences.
- Experience collaborating with a geo-dispersed team in diverse time zones.
- Technology product management/development experience is highly desired.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.The annual U.S. base pay range for this position is: $157,819.00 - $236,729.00
F5 maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, geographic locations, and market conditions, as well as to reflect F5’s differing products, industries, and lines of business. The pay range referenced is as of the time of the job posting and is subject to change.
You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about F5’s benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.f5.com/company/careers/benefits. F5 reserves the right to change or terminate any benefit plan without notice.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity